Tormek sharpeners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone using a Tormek to sharpen their edged tools? I recently picked up an older one that still appears to be in good shape, but needs some cleaning. Plan on taking the time to learn how to use it this fall when I have more time.
BA66463C-FE2F-449C-A9EE-1A48DF88A6F0.jpeg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a few YT videos to learn more about the machine, it looks like there’s some skill and technique involved in getting the best results.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a few YT videos to learn more about the machine, it looks like there’s some skill and technique involved in getting the best results.
I have a bit of experience with this kind of thing. First time I used one of those in 99 I turned a nice pocket knife into a toothpick. For regular sharpening, I think they remove metal too quickly. You really only want to grind the very edge unless you want to reset the back bevel angle. You either need a super steady and accurate hand or use a rest or jig to not over do it.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Need the jigs for sure. Fine grit stone is fine for touching up an edge. I was really into playing around with different edge angles which is easy to do consistently with this machine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom