Tornado Damage Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What appears to have been a tornado impacted the rifle/pistol range portion of the Oil Capital facility today (May 13). The 200 yd range will be closed until future notice. The 25 yd ranges, as well as the Pistol and 50 Yd ranges, will be open soon, possibly as early as this weekend. The shotgun sports area took no damage of any kind.

At this point, I predict that virtually all the regular matches at Oil Capital will continue as normal. More information on each of them to be posted elsewhere on OSA, when the respective event comes up on the calendar.

The only event that has been canceled is a single shot rifle match, set for June.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to the heavy rains coming today (Friday) and Saturday, there likely will not be much that can safely be done. I'll let all know when there is a time when manpower can be used in an organized, logical manner.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can use a few gloved hands this Saturday May 15th, provided the rains hold off. 101st Street gate will be open from 8 AM to about 6 PM. Come all day, part of the day, whatever works for you. Any help is appreciated. Lunch will be provided, as will pop and bottled water.

If it's raining, may as well stay home. What needs done is all out in the open air.

I'll post what's on tap for Sunday May 16 on Saturday evening.

Thanks everyone!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The facility is already looks a lot better. All the ranges except the big rifle range are back in use, as of today. Most activities will be continuing without interruption. The events are storing their match supplies in a 40 foot Connex box. The equipment building will likewise be a Connex for a few weeks. Military Bolt will be taking a short hiatus while the rifle range cover is being rebuilt.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news! I am impressed by the swift response. That looked like some significant damage.

Hope all continues to go well rebuilding / repairing.

(I'm taking a class at OCRGC next month, so I am doubly interested in this thread...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom