totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i haven't had anything happen in several years, but these that i had posted back in 2008

when the fiance and i moved into our new house, we were sleeping and she heard a loud noise in our living room, she asked me to get up and go check it out. i stand up and grab my shotgun and start to walk through one of the doors in my room, as i opened the door, there was something standing right in front of me. it was very dark and completely absorbed the light from the surefire on the gun. scared the **** out of me. goose bumps, and hair standing up, i slammed the door shut and stepped back about 6 steps and just pointed the gun at the door. the whole time this is going on, the fiance is calling the cops, well they show up at my place about 5 mins later and are knocking at the door. i finally got up the nerve to go and open the door again. there was nothing there now, but the living room was a mess. couch was moved out into the middle of the room, and a newspaper all over. i try to tell myself that there was nothing there, but i know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was something there. Lived in that house for 3 years after that, and never had another experience.

back when i lived with my parents, i had weird things happen to me at night. form about 15-17 yrs of age, i would wake up at night and i couldn't move at all, but there was a person standing in the corner of my room, i couldn't move or speak or anything, but i blinked and when my eyes opened back up she was right in my face. very very scary, but whatever it was, was an old lady. another time, there was a scary looking man and again was right in my face after blinking. id just close my eyes and after maybe a couple seconds, it would be gone.

Ive done a little research and it seems to be a type of dream but it seems to be very real while its happening.

many times at my parents house, i would be watching tv after school and would hear someone walking around in my room upstairs. no pets inside. i actually called the cops 2 times and they checked it out and absolutely nothing.

anyways, im a believer in stuff like that and it scares the **** out of me

another time back in high school, me and 2 other buddies were out on the river drinking beer, and fishing for cat fish, and just having a good time. we were running out of beer, and they decided to run back into town (a 30 minute drive through the crappy woods), i figured id just stay and keep fishing, and finish off my beer. so they head back into town. about 10 minutes later, im sitting in my chair with my feet in the water, and i hear someone walking down the edge of the river towards me. I yelled out thinking it was a buddy screwing with me, but they both knew i had a gun. anyways, i yell, and nothing, just keeps coming closer. I announced that i had a gun and would fire at them if they didn't stop. i walked out into the middle of the river, and had my 10/22 to my shoulder, and whatever it was just walked by, didn't say a word. my buddies showed back up 30 or so minutes later with more beer, but i was ready to jet. i was pretty shaken up, and they both swore up and down that it wasn't them. i don't think they would have been dumb enough to play around like that knowing i had a gun.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some very strange things out there. Anybody from Okmulgee County ever hear of Flamesville?[/QUOTE]

Flamesville is about 10 miles from where I am now sitting, just east of where a buddy of mine grew up.

love this thread

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, now that I've got some time I'm going to share some stories about the house I grew up in.

I'm telling this story from only semi-first hand witnessing. I was somewhere in between 3rd and 5th grade at the time, but one night while everyone in the house was asleep my bedroom door slammed shut, waking up my parents as their room was catty-corner of mine. I'm severe asthmatic and was in really bad shape as a kid, so me sleeping with my door shut was a huge no-no. Anyway, my dad gets up to see what was going on and he can't get my door open, it was as if the door knob was locked because he can't turn it. Well, my door didn't have a lock on it. So he steps back to turn on the light and goes to try again, ready to kick it in if need be, and my door opens as any normal door would. The light from the hallway wakes me up and I remember seeing my dad coming into my room, start looking out my window, in my closet and under my bed. I ask him what he's doing and he says he's making sure nothing is going on in my room. He was thinking somebody had broken in and had jumped out of the window. Well, my curtains were pulled closed, my blinds shut, and the window was locked. There was nobody in my closet and nobody under my bed.

My dad was a pretty stout dude back in the day, he was a great boxer as well as a black belt in karate. Not to imply he was a total badazz or anything, just saying that my childish grip on the door knob would have been no match for him. Again, I don't know what's true from that story, but I know I was never allowed to sleep with my door closed and I woke up to my dad opening my door.

They say it was ghosts, as the house used to belong to the parents of a Vietnam vet whose parents lived there and chose to pass away at home (that part really did happen). There were other creepy things that happened in that house as well.

One time we were all watching tv together when all of a sudden the plant above the tv moved as it somebody brushed across it. No doors or windows open, no sounds, just a moving plant. We all looked at each other at the same time and asked "did you see that?". No explanation for that one.

One time I was walking into the bathroom and as soon as I turned on the light water started coming out of the faucet full force. The knobs didn't turn, it lasted for 1-2 seconds and just quit. I immediately turned off the light and slowly backed out of the room. I knew nothing of plumbing back then and I have little understanding of it now. I try to assess all situations from a logical perspective, but I have no idea how that could have logically happened. Again, my plumbing knowledge is next to nil, so maybe those in the know could say it's possible or even common. It never happened again.

We lived next door to this house for a couple of years before buying it off the vet since he said he couldn't live there any more. Any time the wind blew and whistled through the window screens, he said it was his parents telling him to get out of the house. He sold the house to my parents as-is, and left all of his stuff behind. He took clothes, his van, and that's all I remember. Anyway, I didn't find out until later that somebody had died in our house and I especially didn't find out until after that it was my room they passed (peacefully) in. When we moved in, there was a crucifix on my bedroom wall. I thought it was cool, so we left it there. Some time passes and I'm looking through a drawer in the hallway table (my parents loved it, so we left it there but didn't need the storage space within so we never cleared it out) and I find Polaroids from the funeral of the vet's mom. It was an open-casket service and right above her head was the crucifix on my wall. Well, that freaked me out and I immediately demanded it be removed from my room. This is where it gets weird. Also note, this comes from my mom. I don't believe my mom to be a pathological liar, but since I never witnessed this, I still question the validity of the following: My mom wasn't bothered by it so she decided to hang it up in the living room. Well it would only stay there for a day or two and my mom would leave the room/house and come back later only to find the crucifix on the ground leaning up against the wall directly where it was previously hung. She tried multiple times in multiple locations, same thing. My room was the only room that this never happened in.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are not on the time clock where you have to stay to get paid, and if you ain't having fun, it is time to find another place to hang out. Life is too short to stay someplace just to feel weird.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in college my roomate had what they call night terrors. It is when you have a nightmare but you get out of bed and act it out for real but you are totally unaware of being awake. He would play WOW for, I am not exaggerating, in excess of 12 hrs a day sometimes and I think he may have been dreaming that he was in the game.

One night he was laying in bed and he started yelling in his sleep, he leaped out of bed and ran over to his desk and pulled the chair out and looked all around underneath as if he was looking for a mouse or similar small rodent. Then he crawled rapidly along the line of his dresser, our fridge, my dresser, then to my desk where he ripped the chair away and again looked fervently under the desk as if chasing something small. The whole time he is making these deep groans and short yells. Then he stands up and the groans and yells ended, I thought he was done but he goes to our room door and opens it and looks left and right down the hall way. Closes the door takes two steps back in and then slowly spins back and "sneaks" back to the door. Cracks it open again puts just his head out this time and slowly looks left and right again. Then slowly closes the door and slowly walks over to my bed where I lay on my stomach with my head turned toward the center of the room watching him with one eye open. I was trying not to breathe hard but I swear my back must have been rising and falling like I just got done jogging, I was freaking the ____ out. He stood at the edge of my bed and just looked at me for probably like 20-30 seconds but it felt like minutes. Finally I was so creeped out I had to say something so I said "Nate, are you alright man?" His answer was a calm, casual "never better". After saying that he casually takes the two paces back over to his bed and falls right back asleep, like gets in bed and his head hit the pillow and he didn't toss or turn or nothing. It was instantly back to full-blown sleep.

I think it goes without saying that I did not sleep a wink that night. I asked him the next afternoon if he recalled being up last night and of course he had no idea. I told him what happened and he apologized over and over and I could tell he was embarrassed about it but holy balls if that wasn't possibly the most creeped out I've ever been in my 25 years of existence. He was on medication for it but apparently it ran out and he hadn't gotten around to refilling it.

I do believe I would've been kicking his shins. That's too creepy to just lay there, haha.

Ok, now that I've got some time I'm going to share some stories about the house I grew up in.

I'm telling this story from only semi-first hand witnessing. I was somewhere in between 3rd and 5th grade at the time, but one night while everyone in the house was asleep my bedroom door slammed shut, waking up my parents as their room was catty-corner of mine. I'm severe asthmatic and was in really bad shape as a kid, so me sleeping with my door shut was a huge no-no. Anyway, my dad gets up to see what was going on and he can't get my door open, it was as if the door knob was locked because he can't turn it. Well, my door didn't have a lock on it. So he steps back to turn on the light and goes to try again, ready to kick it in if need be, and my door opens as any normal door would. The light from the hallway wakes me up and I remember seeing my dad coming into my room, start looking out my window, in my closet and under my bed. I ask him what he's doing and he says he's making sure nothing is going on in my room. He was thinking somebody had broken in and had jumped out of the window. Well, my curtains were pulled closed, my blinds shut, and the window was locked. There was nobody in my closet and nobody under my bed.

My dad was a pretty stout dude back in the day, he was a great boxer as well as a black belt in karate. Not to imply he was a total badazz or anything, just saying that my childish grip on the door knob would have been no match for him. Again, I don't know what's true from that story, but I know I was never allowed to sleep with my door closed and I woke up to my dad opening my door.

They say it was ghosts, as the house used to belong to the parents of a Vietnam vet whose parents lived there and chose to pass away at home (that part really did happen). There were other creepy things that happened in that house as well.

One time we were all watching tv together when all of a sudden the plant above the tv moved as it somebody brushed across it. No doors or windows open, no sounds, just a moving plant. We all looked at each other at the same time and asked "did you see that?". No explanation for that one.

One time I was walking into the bathroom and as soon as I turned on the light water started coming out of the faucet full force. The knobs didn't turn, it lasted for 1-2 seconds and just quit. I immediately turned off the light and slowly backed out of the room. I knew nothing of plumbing back then and I have little understanding of it now. I try to assess all situations from a logical perspective, but I have no idea how that could have logically happened. Again, my plumbing knowledge is next to nil, so maybe those in the know could say it's possible or even common. It never happened again.

We lived next door to this house for a couple of years before buying it off the vet since he said he couldn't live there any more. Any time the wind blew and whistled through the window screens, he said it was his parents telling him to get out of the house. He sold the house to my parents as-is, and left all of his stuff behind. He took clothes, his van, and that's all I remember. Anyway, I didn't find out until later that somebody had died in our house and I especially didn't find out until after that it was my room they passed (peacefully) in. When we moved in, there was a crucifix on my bedroom wall. I thought it was cool, so we left it there. Some time passes and I'm looking through a drawer in the hallway table (my parents loved it, so we left it there but didn't need the storage space within so we never cleared it out) and I find Polaroids from the funeral of the vet's mom. It was an open-casket service and right above her head was the crucifix on my wall. Well, that freaked me out and I immediately demanded it be removed from my room. This is where it gets weird. Also note, this comes from my mom. I don't believe my mom to be a pathological liar, but since I never witnessed this, I still question the validity of the following: My mom wasn't bothered by it so she decided to hang it up in the living room. Well it would only stay there for a day or two and my mom would leave the room/house and come back later only to find the crucifix on the ground leaning up against the wall directly where it was previously hung. She tried multiple times in multiple locations, same thing. My room was the only room that this never happened in.

Gave me goosebumps.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I'm not a professional plumber but I do all of my own plumbing and have been working on friends houses for years. And being an electrician I'm around plumbers constantly so I do understand most plumbing issues.

There is no reasonable explanation for a valve to allow water to pass without being opened. Unless the o-rings inside blew and allowed the water to pass but that wouldn't make sense if the water also stopped. If the seals had failed then the water would not have stopped and would've continued to flow until the shutoff was turned. I do believe you lived in a haunted house. I'm no ghost expert but I do watch a TON of bad television.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a young teenager, 13 or 14, my best friend and I were at my house on new years eve. My parents went out with their friends and my little sister was at a friends house so we were the only ones at my house.

We were sitting in the dining room where the computer was playing computer games. The dining room was connected to the kitchen, and then the kitchen was connected to the laundry room. The laundry room had French doors that pushed shut and held by friction on top of the door frame. They were very, very hard to open or shut and it took quite a bit of force to open or shut them.

These doors were shut, I know they were shut because we had come in the house through the garage and through the laundry room, when we got inside I closed the doors just like I always did. The garage door was down, the door from the garage to the laundry room was shut and locked.

We had been playing whatever game for the better part of the evening and had all the lights in the house off. All of the sudden the two doors from the laundry room slammed open, and I mean slammed open. Scared the hell out of both of us as the doors slammed on the refrigerator on one side and cabinets on the other. We both jumped up and I hit the lights for the kitchen and dining room at the same time. The room lit up, we looked at each other with a WTF look and went to investigate.

The door leading to the garage was still shut and locked. It wasn't windy outside. We didn't know what had happened or how it could have happened. The refrigerator had a dent in the side from the door knob hitting it so hard. After that we left those doors open, turned every light in the house on and stayed very aware of our surroundings the rest of the night.

That wasn't the first time I had uneasy feelings in that house. I would lay awake watching tv in the living room often times after everyone else was asleep and I would see little shady objects move down the hallway. I would get up to see if whatever it was would stay around when I got close to it. It never did. I have never had any experiences like those anywhere else.

As for the uneasy feelings in the woods, every year when I go out deer hunting the first few times I get them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom