totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was coming home late from work one night maybe 2-3 months ago when I noticed I was nearly out of gas. So I ended up stopping at a little gas station in BFE off highway 9. When I pulled into the station I noticed the station was closed and no lights were on except the pump lights. Of course I picked the worlds slowest pump, it probably took 15 mins to get half a tank if that. After standing there for 10-15 mins and getting pissed off / frustrated out of nowhere I was hit with a sense of gloom and terror. I felt like someone was watching me and / or something bad was about to happen. When I turned around I notice an old white pickup with 3 guys in it. They were sitting in the middle of the road with their lights off. I would say they sat their for a good 30 seconds looking in my direction before they turned into the gas station. The truck then parked in front of the entrance of the convenience store. I than step out from behind the pump so I could see them better and I noticed all three staring directly at me. At that moment I thought to myself if they get out of that truck either I'm gunna kill them or they are going to kill and rob me. I remember looking at the pump and noticing I had only pumped maybe 4 gallons. I thought to myself that should be plenty, it's time to go. I than noticed the passenger lean over and retrieve something from either the floor or the glove box. He than looked over his shoulder at me and open the door. At that moment I retrieved my firearm and made sure they knew I had a weapon. Someone said, "Look he's got a gun." The passenger door then shut and I could hear them arguing back and forth. I locked eyes with the driver and I heard him say, "Let's just get out of here." Seconds later I heard the truck start and they drove off.

wow! glad your ok!

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good place to tell this short story that happened yesterday, Sunday morning 05:18, October 7, 2012.

I just picked up my buddy on my way to the deer woods. We loaded his gear and started the 20 minute drive. We pull out of his driveway and start towards our fist turn in about a mile. Strangely I see tail lights appear in the middle of the road, still in the distance, like they were sitting in the road stopped. As we get closer the tail lights go away again. When we make it to the corner, there is a mid-90s Tahoe sitting in the ditch next with no activity around it or what I could see in it. This is a sparsely populated area and there was no other traffic on the road. However, the Tahoe was in the ditch of the local OHP's home.

We were in the truck for two minutes now heading towards the highway when topping the first hill we saw what looked like a teenager maybe closer to the age of 20, riding a bmx style bike in circles in the oncoming traffic lane, we are doing maybe 35 mph by then. This kid decides to pull into my lane and stop with himself and his bike facing directly at us. At that moment I went into wth mode. My friend and I both have a ccw permit, and we both carry going into the deer woods. We sit there for a millisecond and I say what the hell is he doing!?! Remember this is 5 AM. Suddenly I noticed movement to the right, there is another person climbing over a steel tube gate leading to the cemetery, he looks like he's in a hurry. At this point, the person on the bike is 10 yards in front of my truck, and I decide if this person tries to stop me from going around, he will become a hood ornament. I have a manual transmission in my truck and I rev the motor and start slipping the clutch. He jumps a little but doesn't move out of the way. At a quick pace, I make it around him just as his buddy runs up to beside us. Neither were in a panic mode, like waiving there arms or such and it didn't look like they wanted help. I have no real idea what they wanted or what they were doing, but I suspect they had something to do with the Tahoe.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was coming home late from work one night maybe 2-3 months ago when I noticed I was nearly out of gas. So I ended up stopping at a little gas station in BFE off highway 9. When I pulled into the station I noticed the station was closed and no lights were on except the pump lights. Of course I picked the worlds slowest pump, it probably took 15 mins to get half a tank if that. After standing there for 10-15 mins and getting pissed off / frustrated out of nowhere I was hit with a sense of gloom and terror. I felt like someone was watching me and / or something bad was about to happen. When I turned around I notice an old white pickup with 3 guys in it. They were sitting in the middle of the road with their lights off. I would say they sat their for a good 30 seconds looking in my direction before they turned into the gas station. The truck then parked in front of the entrance of the convenience store. I than step out from behind the pump so I could see them better and I noticed all three staring directly at me. At that moment I thought to myself if they get out of that truck either I'm gunna kill them or they are going to kill and rob me. I remember looking at the pump and noticing I had only pumped maybe 4 gallons. I thought to myself that should be plenty, it's time to go. I than noticed the passenger lean over and retrieve something from either the floor or the glove box. He than looked over his shoulder at me and open the door. At that moment I retrieved my firearm and made sure they knew I had a weapon. Someone said, "Look he's got a gun." The passenger door then shut and I could hear them arguing back and forth. I locked eyes with the driver and I heard him say, "Let's just get out of here." Seconds later I heard the truck start and they drove off.

Wow, that was crazy man...that could have gotten ugly. Glad you got home safe. That's why I don't leave home without one.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I've only had that feeling of something bad about to happen once. It was after the Lakers/Thunder playoff game in June. I felt it as I was leaving, there was a lady next to me, walking the same direction that actually vocalized her feeling that something bad was going to happen. I made it to my pick-up and relaxed, as I had my G19 in it. My 11 year old and I are making it down Reno right next to the ballpark, and the shooting started. I was boxed in by 2 cars in front of me and 2 behind me.
My son and I obviously made it out fine, but the feeling leaving the arena was amazing.... the feeling of dread... bad things about to happen!

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

He was just reaching for one of these

i3.photobucket.com_albums_y61_gladewalker_MormonPamphlet.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom