totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other night found me in a hotel in downtown Denver. I went down to my car to grab our remaining bags and as I walked down the hallway towards my room I heard a door begin to open. With road-weary eyes I glanced at the person exiting the room and it was none other than Abraham Lincoln. Honest Abe. The sixteenth president of these United States. Born in a cabin, spoke at Gettysburg. That guy.

I'm talking six-foot 4 or better of scraggly beard sporting, overcoat wearing Lanky Yankee was walking out of that ******* hotel room right there in that dimly lit hallway, putting on a tophat. I looked at Abe and with a face I can only imagine appeared as though it belonged to a man who had just seen the ghost of a man who was shot in the head by a Confederate sympathizer over one-hundred and forty-eight years ago. He adjusted his hat, and nodded as a warm albeit subtle smile came over his face. He slowly and deliberately walked down the hallway and disappeared. I wish I had spoken to him, but when life confronts you with Abe Linclon when and where you least expect it, words just don't come.

The best explanation for this is that he was a Lincoln impersonator in town for some event. If so, he is the best impersonator I've ever seen. This was not a guy in a coat and a hat with a fake beard. This was:

clevelandcivilwarroundtable.com_images_people_lincoln_lincoln_standing200.jpg

And damned if a man don't feel a little unbalanced returning to his room to explain this story to a girl with judgmental eyes. No, I don't need sleep. Well yes I do, but that's not why Abe Lincoln was in the...you know what? Nevermind. Let's grab a beer. mumblemumblebitchlookatmelikeimcrazyyourethecrazyoneiwillshowyoucrazymumblemumble

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last winter I drove down to deer camp to pull my tent because I was going camping in Arkansas with some friends that weekend, and wanted my big tent. I drive in the gate, lock it, and drive back to camp. I roll up my sleeping bag and walk out of my tent to smell cigarette smoke. I mean it smelled like someone had just it up a fresh cigarette withing 20 yards of me. I know someone is there. The landowner, his son...maybe my buddy (a smoker) came down to hunt for the day and has his truck parked down the hill where I can't see it. I walked out waiting to talk to them.

It's the dead of winter and all the leaves are on the ground, at once making it easy to see and hear anything or anyone approaching. I stand there looking around for a minute or two, still expecting to see someone head my way. They never did. I felt really uneasy. I smelled the same thing on stand one morning in November. Once again I was supposed to be the only person on the property. That time I hadn't given it a second thought, but the time in December was unnerving.

Is there some type of plant that smells like a lit cigarette?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This past weekend I was in Tahlequah driving down waters street behind the branch. It was me and a buddy of mine. We are just driving along with the windows down kinda slow. Just cruzin, you know. All of the sudden I turned to my buddy and I said I smell pot. He kinda perked up about the same time and said I smell it too. You could smell it for about a block. We turned the corner and there it was. A Volkswagen car show on Muskogee Avenue. I know all we were sensing were all the long past owners of those beetles and buses just siting around playing music and tokin it up. Or it could have been the current owners who am I to judge.

Ridge that story about Abe kind of freaked me out a little.

It seems like at least once a year I get a funny feeling when I am in the woods alone. Like I am not alone, something watching me, or something. Always turns out to be nothing or if it is something I never know it. Scares the crap out of me. Dad always said I was a wuss.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, I was staying at hunting camp by Shamrock, TX and wasn't seeing much so us 3 guys decided to go to a property by Quail, TX the next morning to try to see if we could get a mule deer. Well, the next morning we wake up really early because it's a long drive. And I just had a horrible feeling about what was going to happen on that hunt. I wasn't sure if it was because it was my first year bow hunting, or if it was because it was a new property that I never been to.

Well, we show up to the property, and it's DARK. I can't see a thing hardly. Us guys separate and I go to find a spot along a creek to sit and wait. Keep in mind there is a wheat field on the other side of the creek with a center pivot and all that. I had no idea what to do. Didn't feel right so I didn't go but maybe 100 yards from the truck. I sit down and there is no sounds at all. Then I hear stuff moving in the brush all around me. Only way to make myself feel better was to have my hand on my Glock .45.

Then, I look down in the creek bottom, and THERE IS A MOTHERF***ING CAT SLINKING AROUND IN THE CREEK BOTTOM. Not a bobcat either. A BIG CAT! Freaking mountain lion. So I am freaking the hell out. I watch to make sure that bastard went away from me and then contemplate leaving because I am to freaked out but I decide to stay longer just because the sun isn't quite up yet or at all actually. I could just see the cat with my nightvision.

Well, I stayed a little bit longer and about 15 minutes later, what do I see? A GIANT F***ING PIG runs across the wheat field. This was not a cow. The property has no farm animals on it nor fences. Not even the neighbors have cows. The legs were way to short to be a cow and the outline of the head was to pig like. This pig had to be 1000lb+. I said, "NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! MY .45 AIN'T GOING TO DO **** TO THAT BIG MOFO". And I ran back to the truck.

Needless to say, I never went to that place again.

tl;dr: Went hunting on new property. Had bad feeling. Saw Mountain Lion and saw Giant Pig. Got the hell out of there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom