totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted this before...oh well:

Sayre, Oklahoma.
1977 or 78....I was either 14 or 15, just shy of a drivers license.
Family Reunion.

I went with my folks(must have been in the early summer) to a family reunion in Sayre. Well, at the building the family rented, I had to have been the ONLY person 30 years of age of under and I settled in for a looooong evening of boredom. It was around 7-8pm.

As I was sitting there I looked across the room and spied a young man(by now I have forgotten his name-but he was a relative) who was of the age 18-16, years old.

I shot over to him like a starving dog to a bowl of food. Small talk and we hopped in his truck to cruise the town of Sayre. I popped open a cold beer he had in a little ice chest and he proceeded to talk and cruise.

If I remember correctly...we made the turn through Sonic and he had turned back onto the street to continue crusing,

**As we were driving down the street he would totally look at me to talk and not pay attention to the vehicles in front of him**

With the window rolled down I noticed people on the sidewalk( it was starting to get dark by now) looking up at the sky and pointing to something up in the air.

My cousin who was talking to me and not looking forward didn't notice all the stopped vehicles in the street until I screamed STOP!!!

He slammed on his breaks just a few inches short of rear ending the vehicle in front of him.

I believe this was old main street as the buildings had sidewalks and parking spaces in front of them. Cars were parked in front of the buildings and completely stopped on main street with people everywhere talking and pointing...up.

My cousin (he had to there was no where to go) parked his car and we got out to see what was happening.

There must have been 40-50 people talking about "What is that?", "Is that a UFO or a weather balloon?", "Look at the colors."

The sky was dark by now.

As I made my way through the crowd to see what it was........there it was in the sky just staying in one place.

It was hard to tell how high up it was since it was dark.

What was it you ask?

It was two lights..........about 6 feet apart. Imagine a giant construction crane holding a car by it's back bumper with the front of the car shining it's two head lights down toward the people..............Except the height must have been 800 yards up in the sky and the lights at that height looked to be as big as two kitchen tables.

They just sat there....rotating colors at the same time and color. A soft neon color...they kept rotating yellow, pink, and red...very soft colors.....not strong or bright.

Well by this time a few of the locals were getting their rifles out of their trucks and wanting to shoot it down to find out what exactly it is.

Out of the blue a Highway Patrol man speed up, cut through the crowd and yelled:

"NO GUNS!!!" "DO NOT SHOOT ANYTHING!!" "IT'S A WEATHER BALLOON" ***Then the patrol man left...he left??!!!***

About 30 minutes after the patrol man left...so did the object in the sky. It slowly moved "upward" until it disappeared....no noise and no engine sound.

Best family reunion ever.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cat-string-i-love-this-thread.jpg

I always love seeing this thread pop up again.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted this before...oh well:

Sayre, Oklahoma.
1977 or 78....I was either 14 or 15, just shy of a drivers license.
Family Reunion.

I went with my folks(must have been in the early summer) to a family reunion in Sayre. Well, at the building the family rented, I had to have been the ONLY person 30 years of age of under and I settled in for a looooong evening of boredom. It was around 7-8pm.

As I was sitting there I looked across the room and spied a young man(by now I have forgotten his name-but he was a relative) who was of the age 18-16, years old.

I shot over to him like a starving dog to a bowl of food. Small talk and we hopped in his truck to cruise the town of Sayre. I popped open a cold beer he had in a little ice chest and he proceeded to talk and cruise.

If I remember correctly...we made the turn through Sonic and he had turned back onto the street to continue crusing,

**As we were driving down the street he would totally look at me to talk and not pay attention to the vehicles in front of him**

With the window rolled down I noticed people on the sidewalk( it was starting to get dark by now) looking up at the sky and pointing to something up in the air.

My cousin who was talking to me and not looking forward didn't notice all the stopped vehicles in the street until I screamed STOP!!!

He slammed on his breaks just a few inches short of rear ending the vehicle in front of him.

I believe this was old main street as the buildings had sidewalks and parking spaces in front of them. Cars were parked in front of the buildings and completely stopped on main street with people everywhere talking and pointing...up.

My cousin (he had to there was no where to go) parked his car and we got out to see what was happening.

There must have been 40-50 people talking about "What is that?", "Is that a UFO or a weather balloon?", "Look at the colors."

The sky was dark by now.

As I made my way through the crowd to see what it was........there it was in the sky just staying in one place.

It was hard to tell how high up it was since it was dark.

What was it you ask?

It was two lights..........about 6 feet apart. Imagine a giant construction crane holding a car by it's back bumper with the front of the car shining it's two head lights down toward the people..............Except the height must have been 800 yards up in the sky and the lights at that height looked to be as big as two kitchen tables.

They just sat there....rotating colors at the same time and color. A soft neon color...they kept rotating yellow, pink, and red...very soft colors.....not strong or bright.

Well by this time a few of the locals were getting their rifles out of their trucks and wanting to shoot it down to find out what exactly it is.

Out of the blue a Highway Patrol man speed up, cut through the crowd and yelled:

"NO GUNS!!!" "DO NOT SHOOT ANYTHING!!" "IT'S A WEATHER BALLOON" ***Then the patrol man left...he left??!!!***

About 30 minutes after the patrol man left...so did the object in the sky. It slowly moved "upward" until it disappeared....no noise and no engine sound.

Best family reunion ever.

Did you watch Close Encounters of a Third Kind, ...if only you had a church organ handy back then

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was six or seven, me and a younger friend were walking to the corner grocery store. It was a three block walk and we were halfway there. Some little girls were playing hopscotch on the sidewalk. They told us not to walk past the next to last house on the block (we were 3-4 houses away by then). Told us if we did, the "Silver Man" would chase us with a knife. We weren't afraid of no Silver Man. Strolled down the sidewalk cool as could be. Until the door opened, and out came the Silver Man, with a knife. Silver face, silver hair, silver from head-to-toe, with a big silver knife. We ran to the other side of the street, the side with no sidewalk. Never told Mom or Dad, didn't walk down that side of the street for many years, always wondered about the Silver Man. Maybe a guy trying out a Halloween costume on the little kids in the neighborhood? Maybe a real psycho? Who knows?

Knot

New to the site!
Reaction score
There are some very strange things out there. Anybody from Okmulgee County ever hear of Flamesville?
I know its a long shot as this is years later, but I'm interested in flamesville after my mom told me some stories about it and weleetka, I'm looking for any information anyone might have on it as its hard to find anything online.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its a long shot as this is years later, but I'm interested in flamesville after my mom told me some stories about it and weleetka, I'm looking for any information anyone might have on it as its hard to find anything online.
Flamesville was a small Pentecostal community with a small church probably 5 miles South of Henryetta. Everyone always said devil worshipers lived out there but they were just Pentecostals who wanted to live away from society. The church and a few homes are still there but the church is in disrepair. A good friend of mine lives there now. We go in the old church once in a while. The pews, organs, and wood burning stoves are all still there.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to perform building inspections for HUD and the KCMO, KCK and St Louis public housing authority.
I definitely have some yucky creepy images stuck in my head. Everything from super hoarders with mummified animals to a decomposed junkie sitting in a recliner chair with the tv still on and his needle in his arm.
Worse than the images is the memory of different bad smells. Ugh

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to perform building inspections for HUD and the KCMO, KCK and St Louis public housing authority.
I definitely have some yucky creepy images stuck in my head. Everything from super hoarders with mummified animals to a decomposed junkie sitting in a recliner chair with the tv still on and his needle in his arm.
Worse than the images is the memory of different bad smells. Ugh
Vicks Vapo Rub in yer nose.
Yeah I know it's an old thread but it was referenced by another thread so I am reading it,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom