Towing disaster with electric truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of the EV’s are designed for city driving. No real thought has been put into the rural way of life. I’ve pulled a tractor all week between home and another piece of land. If I was forced to use an electric truck, it would be plugged in when I got back home which would force me to do honey-do’s while waiting on my pickup to charge. Might as well go back to a horse and buggy!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want an electric vehicle. I'll stick with my 454 powered Chevy 3500.
I had a 1973 Chevy 454 High Output. We ordered the regular 454 but a mistake was made at the factory. That thing would drink gas. I swear the speedometer was directly connected to the gas gauge. It would get 7 MPG whether running down the road or hauling 40 head of cattle in a gooseneck. As the feller said in the video, "It didn't know the trailer was hooked up."

I hope all those people in FL that had EV's started a week ago for Georgia.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But think of all the good things that thing is doing for the enviroment. Like the
strip mining, with the black smoking diesel dozer, in a poor third world country.
It is all a joke
Yep, and child laborers covered in sores, and more pollution to power the grid to charge the cars, and more pollution to produce them...electric cars are nothing more than a upper class liberal virtue signal. Of course people should have the freedom to buy them if companies will make them, but the gov should not be forcing anyone to make or buy them.

Having said that, YES, I get pissed when I am driving behind some old truck with bad rings or valve seals and being forced to breathe the carcinogens that another human is forcing me to. I get it...but most modern cars pollute less than any cars ever made. Electric vehicles are best saved for postal trucks, cabs, and other local fleet vehicles. Fleets of 18-wheelers could be hybrids eventually too, but you still need a diesel engine to charge the battery.

Has anyone seen the pics of people towing/using genorators to charge their Tesla? Hilarious.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, and child laborers covered in sores, and more pollution to power the grid to charge the cars, and more pollution to produce them...electric cars are nothing more than a upper class liberal virtue signal. Of course people should have the freedom to buy them if companies will make them, but the gov should not be forcing anyone to make or buy them.

Having said that, YES, I get pissed when I am driving behind some old truck with bad rings or valve seals and being forced to breathe the carcinogens that another human is forcing me to. I get it...but most modern cars pollute less than any cars ever made. Electric vehicles are best saved for postal trucks, cabs, and other local fleet vehicles. Fleets of 18-wheelers could be hybrids eventually too, but you still need a diesel engine to charge the battery.

Has anyone seen the pics of people towing/using genorators to charge their Tesla? Hilarious.
France tried it, after a year or so the batteries would not hold a charge, they have parking lots filled with useless electric cars. They cannot get replacement batteries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom