Toyota Tacoma diesel / Tundra diesel hybrid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad it's going to be EPA-compliant diesels. Nissan offered a Cummins diesel in their Titan trucks but that's already been discontinued.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the more diesel vehicle choices we have, the better. It's all I own...except my Harley. And if they made a diesel Road King, I'd have one of them, too. My Chevy Cruze is a diesel and I love it. I don't understand the reluctance of Americans to buy them.

I had a Colorado diesel that was great for just running around town. It was the only truck I had, though, and I developed a need for more towing capacity so sold it and bought an F250 6.7L. I'd definitely give a Toyota diesel a look.

Old picture, but this is an example of the mileage in my Cruze diesel. It actually averaged 78mpg over a 25 mile stretch between Spokane and Lewiston some time ago. But this is more typical:

20190322_092525.jpg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the more diesel vehicle choices we have, the better. It's all I own...except my Harley. And if they made a diesel Road King, I'd have one of them, too. My Chevy Cruze is a diesel and I love it. I don't understand the reluctance of Americans to buy them.

I had a Colorado diesel that was great for just running around town. It was the only truck I had, though, and I developed a need for more towing capacity so sold it and bought an F250 6.7L. I'd definitely give a Toyota diesel a look.

Old picture, but this is an example of the mileage in my Cruze diesel. It actually averaged 78mpg over a 25 mile stretch between Spokane and Lewiston some time ago. But this is more typical:

View attachment 217794

I always wanted a Volkswagen Jetta Diesel.

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve been waiting/wanting a diesel tundra for awhile The big issues for Toyota are breaking into the big 3 share(loyalty) and EPA regs

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve been waiting/wanting a diesel tundra for awhile The big issues for Toyota are breaking into the big 3 share(loyalty) and EPA regs
Sorry... I wasn't referring to you. Just the public in general. I'm amazed the car makers can do what the do with diesel engines IN SPITE of government regulations. Imagine what they could do if government would get out of the way.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 217794
So you like DIESEL?

Latest posts

Top Bottom