Tractor Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, fellas. Great info. The L2501 is in my sights only because the sellers of the house have it onsite and seem to want to get out of town asap to their new place in Wyoming. He may not want to deal with selling it and his broker told me he has no way of hauling it up there. I have been all over the Kubota website and would most likely get a larger one in the 35-40hp range if the L2501 didn't work out or he's asking close to what a new one would cost. Wifey pretty much already told me to get whatever I want but we are having a ton of money outlay the next couple months as we also have on order a 2022 Ford Expedition for her and approx $60K in taxes from 2021. I'm also going to have to buy a zero turn mower which will have another thread down the line.

To answer other questions: The tractor has about 12-15 acres to mow and the zero turn probably another 5-6. The rest of the 45 acres will be trees and brush for hunting. And yes, we are really looking forward to the Bristow area. North of town off Hwy16 about halfway between Bristow and Shamrock.

Personally, I'd probably try to make a deal on the tractor that's already there. If it works for what you want, bonus. If it doesn't, there's a fantastic market for used tractors, especially those that are in good shape with low hours. Seems like a pretty good deal either way if you can get it for a fair price.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been around shuttle shift and HST compact tractors quite a bit. When on uneven ground and doing bucket work scooping dirt or filling in washout on a road the HST really shines.

1 foot width difference when tilling or brush hogging doesn't sound like much but really adds up in a half day.
4 foot width X 4 passes is 16 feet
5 foot width X 4 passes is 20 feet.

This doesn't mean go bigger mower, disk or tiller than the tractor can handle.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been around shuttle shift and HST compact tractors quite a bit. When on uneven ground and doing bucket work scooping dirt or filling in washout on a road the HST really shines.

1 foot width difference when tilling or brush hogging doesn't sound like much but really adds up in a half day.
4 foot width X 4 passes is 16 feet
5 foot width X 4 passes is 20 feet.

This doesn't mean go bigger mower, disk or tiller than the tractor can handle.
The brush hog width was an additional factor in our choice for the 35hp, it would run a 6ft which is the width of the tractor. So far it hasn't struggled with the 6ft, and I have gotten pretty aggressive in what I have cut down.

I'm still looking for a tiller... :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The brush hog width was an additional factor in our choice for the 35hp, it would run a 6ft which is the width of the tractor. So far it hasn't struggled with the 6ft, and I have gotten pretty aggressive in what I have cut down.

I'm still looking for a tiller... :)

It's usually not the height of what you're brush hogging, it's the density. One foot deep bermuda is like 10' of Johnson grass lol.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, fellas. Great info. The L2501 is in my sights only because the sellers of the house have it onsite and seem to want to get out of town asap to their new place in Wyoming. He may not want to deal with selling it and his broker told me he has no way of hauling it up there. I have been all over the Kubota website and would most likely get a larger one in the 35-40hp range if the L2501 didn't work out or he's asking close to what a new one would cost. Wifey pretty much already told me to get whatever I want but we are having a ton of money outlay the next couple months as we also have on order a 2022 Ford Expedition for her and approx $60K in taxes from 2021. I'm also going to have to buy a zero turn mower which will have another thread down the line.

To answer other questions: The tractor has about 12-15 acres to mow and the zero turn probably another 5-6. The rest of the 45 acres will be trees and brush for hunting. And yes, we are really looking forward to the Bristow area. North of town off Hwy16 about halfway between Bristow and Shamrock.
My $.02. If this tractor can be had at a bargain or even a fair price, get it and use it to trade in on what you want. The tractor market is very much like the car market right now. Keep it or trade it, the tractor will hold it value much better than the new car.

And, welcome to the neighborhood. I live just a few miles west of Shamrock.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My $.02. If this tractor can be had at a bargain or even a fair price, get it and use it to trade in on what you want. The tractor market is very much like the car market right now. Keep it or trade it, the tractor will hold it value much better than the new car.

And, welcome to the neighborhood. I live just a few miles west of Shamrock.
Thanks Rawhide. I'm sure we'll meet up at some point. IF you start seeing a white F250 CC with United Rentals stickers around town or a Gray Ram 2500 Mega Cab it is me.

I got a text back from my broker. He got word that this is in fact a 2019 Kubota L2501 with loader, brush grapple and bale spear. Unit has 23 hours on the meter and the seller is asking $17,750 for the setup. To me that sounds pretty good. What do you all think on price.

He does have a full list of other items he is willing to sell like some newer washer and dryer, 34 ton log splitter and quality furniture in the second home so I can probably wrap everything together and counter offer a bit lower.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Rawhide. I'm sure we'll meet up at some point. IF you start seeing a white F250 CC with United Rentals stickers around town or a Gray Ram 2500 Mega Cab it is me.

I got a text back from my broker. He got word that this is in fact a 2019 Kubota L2501 with loader, brush grapple and bale spear. Unit has 23 hours on the meter and the seller is asking $17,750 for the setup. To me that sounds pretty good. What do you all think on price.

He does have a full list of other items he is willing to sell like some newer washer and dryer, 34 ton log splitter and quality furniture in the second home so I can probably wrap everything together and counter offer a bit lower.
you can always take your time and use it for a while and if you don't like it or want to upgrade just sell it or trade it in. look in the tractor adds to se what they are selling for used

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If the tractor is low hours, which it is after closer reading, it is likely to resale at or near new price (from a dealer). With a grapple it may also have some upgrades like 3rd function and maybe rear SCVs. These from the dealer can run into thousands of dollars. What type and brand of grapple? I've been shopping grapples. Prices are going up and many are pay now and get it in 6 weeks to 6 months. Depending on the grapple, I may be interested in taking it off your hands. I could sure use a good log splitter also. :)

Last edited:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

Unless you're paying cash for all this extra stuff you'd better wait until after closing on the land/home/ranch/farm otherwise your credit score will be diminished.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like he may be moving from CA(looking at location). Have a brother in law living in Costa Mesa. If sold anything like his, he'll be cash flowing all of the purchases and credit never comes into play. Buy the L2500 if a decent price. If don't like or want bigger, trade it in or sell outright. We bought a L3400 last year with 750 hrs and it runs great - front loader and 4wd but not shuttle shift. But we don't use it very much either. Not exactly sure of year. Paid $10,500. Do over? Would get 40+ hp. We have a little more land though at 320 acres.

Latest posts

Top Bottom