Tractor Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a text back from my broker. He got word that this is in fact a 2019 Kubota L2501 with loader, brush grapple and bale spear. Unit has 23 hours on the meter and the seller is asking $17,750 for the setup. To me that sounds pretty good. What do you all think on price.

That is a no-brainer on the price. Take it. Before he changes his mind.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Rawhide. I'm sure we'll meet up at some point. IF you start seeing a white F250 CC with United Rentals stickers around town or a Gray Ram 2500 Mega Cab it is me.

I got a text back from my broker. He got word that this is in fact a 2019 Kubota L2501 with loader, brush grapple and bale spear. Unit has 23 hours on the meter and the seller is asking $17,750 for the setup. To me that sounds pretty good. What do you all think on price.

He does have a full list of other items he is willing to sell like some newer washer and dryer, 34 ton log splitter and quality furniture in the second home so I can probably wrap everything together and counter offer a bit lower.
www.tractorhouse.com search for your model, seems like he has offered you a good deal, on the tractorhouse website you can click on high low average to get average dealer vs auction price however with all the options for those smaller tractors they are harder to value, but you can surely find the same model year options listings for sale to get an idea of what it is worth

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To move round bales have you tried a rear fork?
I’ve used a rear fork and a rear spike. They work pretty well if you’re just moving bales around, but they’re no bueno for loading and unloading them.

Personally, I prefer the rear spike over the rear fork for moving bales, but my dad preferred the fork, so that’s what he bought. With that on the back and the spike in the lift up front, it worked pretty well for moving two bales at a time.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would go 50hp at least if I were buying one. Burns more fuel but you can lift a lot more with the loader and plus it weighs more when you pull a disc. When you brush hog you won't run out of power plus you wouldn't be working the tractor nearly as hard. My friend just bought a fairly new Mahindra 55hp and he loves it, shuttle shift if I remember right. He bought it 2 years ago and it had 80 hrs or so on it and I think he paid 28 thousand.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two Kubota tractors what have served me well over the last years. The smaller one is a 32hp diesel 4x4 with loader and box blade. The larger is a 81hp diesel 4x4 that I do brush hog work with. You can't go wrong with a Kubota unless the $'s are too high.

Attachments

• 1154E978-47BB-4631-ADFD-CCE89D46CA9B.JPG
    1154E978-47BB-4631-ADFD-CCE89D46CA9B.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 21
  • F408491E-4559-44FE-8E2C-5ED601FDD7F3.JPG
    F408491E-4559-44FE-8E2C-5ED601FDD7F3.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 1EC7F6C2-DFF3-41D2-AD47-CF339BFF05B5 (2).JPG
    1EC7F6C2-DFF3-41D2-AD47-CF339BFF05B5 (2).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 20

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used a rear fork and a rear spike. They work pretty well if you’re just moving bales around, but they’re no bueno for loading and unloading them.

Personally, I prefer the rear spike over the rear fork for moving bales, but my dad preferred the fork, so that’s what he bought. With that on the back and the spike in the lift up front, it worked pretty well for moving two bales at a time.
That what I do.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like he may be moving from CA(looking at location). Have a brother in law living in Costa Mesa. If sold anything like his, he'll be cash flowing all of the purchases and credit never comes into play. Buy the L2500 if a decent price. If don't like or want bigger, trade it in or sell outright. We bought a L3400 last year with 750 hrs and it runs great - front loader and 4wd but not shuttle shift. But we don't use it very much either. Not exactly sure of year. Paid $10,500. Do over? Would get 40+ hp. We have a little more land though at 320 acres.

Yes. No financing involved with any of this. Who's your brother in law? Possible I know him. We moved from Costa Mesa to Sapulpa in August.

Sounds like the I'm getting a good deal so I'll move forward with the purchase and if I need bigger then I can trade it in and go bigger. Love this place. Thanks guys.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. No financing involved with any of this. Who's your brother in law? Possible I know him. We moved from Costa Mesa to Sapulpa in August.

Sounds like the I'm getting a good deal so I'll move forward with the purchase and if I need bigger then I can trade it in and go bigger. Love this place. Thanks guys.
Yeah, in this market the price he is asking for the tractor is a really fair deal.

The Duke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two Kubota tractors what have served me well over the last years. The smaller one is a 32hp diesel 4x4 with loader and box blade. The larger is a 81hp diesel 4x4 that I do brush hog work with. You can't go wrong with a Kubota unless the $'s are too high.
The older Kubotas you have are well built. Kubota engines have always been work horses and very reliable. when I was looking for a tractor years ago I looked at the new yanmars, kubotas, kiotis, and bobcat in the 20-30 hp range. I ended up buying a used older tractor with FEL and HST. It was built heavier (better) than the new stuff. Kubota was at the bottom of the list as far as materials durability. Thin metal used for FEL bucket and lighter tractor overall. The Bobcat was a great deal on clearance, but I saved ~$3000 from buying new. Still think the bobcat would have served my purposes, but I really like the one I got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom