Tractor Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the I'm getting a good deal so I'll move forward with the purchase and if I need bigger then I can trade it in and go bigger. Love this place. Thanks guys.

Dammit... I was hoping you wouldn't buy it. I was gonna ask you to hook me up with the seller! :cry3:

Probably just as well. I think I'm gonna want something a little bit bigger...but that sounds like a nice rig. You'll be surprised what those smaller tractors can do.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dammit... I was hoping you wouldn't buy it. I was gonna ask you to hook me up with the seller! :cry3:

Probably just as well. I think I'm gonna want something a little bit bigger...but that sounds like a nice rig. You'll be surprised what those smaller tractors can do.
I'll sell it to you for $22,500. Only has 23 hours on it. Because, America!!!:pms2:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HST in all tractors is relatively bullet proof and it makes using the loader far easier. IMO it increases productivity having an HST. drawbacks are it will not be as heavy duty as a geared transmission so no plowing or heavy ground work from drawbar or 3pt.
Not only does it increase my speed in a task but it permits the wife and grandkids easy use.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Kubota L3800 in 2013 with shuttle shift. Love it. A neighbor at my cabin had 2 L3400s - one HST and one shuttle shift. I got a chance to try both and liked the SS better. Both have advantages. Use the Grapple more than anything. I own 10 acres near Catoosa. For 45 acres, I would look at 50 HP and up. I would also get a used one that does not use DEF.
echo that and you want to stay prior to 2016 or 17 because of the re gen feature.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
echo that and you want to stay prior to 2016 or 17 because of the re gen feature.
It can be on older ones, too. My dad was looking at a Kubota (I forget the model, but it was around 70hp, IIRC) at Great Plains in Ada. It had some problem with the engine, and Kubota was replacing it under warranty; although the original engine pre-dated the regen emissions controls (by one model year, as I recall), because Kubota was replacing the engine, the replacement engine was required to have it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the problem with regen?
If your in the seat working, man does it stink. 2nd it drops power while in regen. I've heard of folks getting off the tractor and letting it run @2k /+rpms to accomplish the regen. I generally carry on with the task and may bump up the rpms. It just not an improvement IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom