Tractor sprinklers are awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tractor sprinklers jump the hose and then run into something causing the plastic gears to strip. I've been through replacing gears multiple times and finally got tired of it. I now use an impact sprinkler on a moveable base (not the one with the spike - those things bend).

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tractor sprinklers jump the hose and then run into something causing the plastic gears to strip. I've been through replacing gears multiple times and finally got tired of it. I now use an impact sprinkler on a moveable base (not the one with the spike - those things bend).
I built my base using 1 inch pvc pipe, made a 2 ft square base with a hose bib on one side and then added a piece in the center with a 3 ft riser with the sprinkler on the top, the water runs thru all the pipes and the weight of the water keeps it stable on the ground. makes it easy to pick up and move around. Plus when you use it in the garden it puts the sprinkler head above most of the plants.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I tried those tractor thingys they would either soak the ground in front of it and it would lose traction digging itself into the ground or it would stop because it couldn't pull the heavy hose behind it. I had the old school cast iron yellow tractors.

I used the old yellow tractor quite a bit at our last house. i was fairly impressed, but didn't generally leave it unattended. It definitely would occasionally lose traction and bog down, or jump the hose and wind up God knows where. it was especially prone to losing traction where the grass was thin; had this trouble a lot in newly seeded areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom