Tractor time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really need fluid in the back tires or weights sometimes. Went out to the farm Monday, kids got another high tunnel from NRCS. Shows up on a short semi, still wont fit on the property so have to unload on the road. High tunnel comes on 2 pallets, first is framing and hardware, probably 1500-1600 pounds on a pallet about 7' long. Tractor doesn't have enough ass to grab the pallet long way so I slide it out onto the lift gate and we lower it down. Get it from the side and can barely lift before I bring the back end up, I hold it while the driver pulls the trailer out from under it. I have it just high enough to push it up the road about 400', taking out some high spots on the road while I did. DIL took the pic below when I was messing around, didn't actually move it like that.
View attachment 384767
What's the capacity of the fork attachment. Looks really large/heavy as if it takes up a lot of your lifting capacity with it just attached to your tractor.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really need fluid in the back tires or weights sometimes. Went out to the farm Monday, kids got another high tunnel from NRCS. Shows up on a short semi, still wont fit on the property so have to unload on the road. High tunnel comes on 2 pallets, first is framing and hardware, probably 1500-1600 pounds on a pallet about 7' long. Tractor doesn't have enough ass to grab the pallet long way so I slide it out onto the lift gate and we lower it down. Get it from the side and can barely lift before I bring the back end up, I hold it while the driver pulls the trailer out from under it. I have it just high enough to push it up the road about 400', taking out some high spots on the road while I did. DIL took the pic below when I was messing around, didn't actually move it like that.
View attachment 384767
Maybe hang some weight on the blade.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the capacity of the fork attachment. Looks really large/heavy as if it takes up a lot of your lifting capacity with it just attached to your tractor.
The FEL is rated at 1800lbs, not sure what the weight of the pallet forks is, they borrowed it from a neighbor. The total weight of the hoop house on 2 pallets from the shipping company was 1900lbs. The small pallet had the cover, hardware, etc, I estimated it at 300lbs or so. So that makes me pretty close to the capacity of the FEL. I suspect the pallet forks were every bit of 200lbs so I was right on the edge regardless of back end weighting.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got the tractor bug a few years ago and decided i NEED a new tractor. i sold a 1965 john deere that was running ok but needed some freshening here and there,and bought a 2014 kubota with just a little more horsepower........ A BIG MISTAKE....... i could have probably sunk just part of what the new tractor cost me into the john deere and been better off.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a kubota years ago . During some heavy brush hogging it started a rattling in the engine . Toor it down, had a bent connecting rod. Called Stewarts they sent me one . It was a real pain to work on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom