Tractor time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It gets even better if you have outriggers down and you’re up on one of them.
Been there too! I've rented some backhoe's to remove stumps at the house and used them when working at the Power Plant to load Bottom Ash to bring home. Ash was stored on a concrete slab that had some cracks. The hoe would get hooked on one and I was too stubborn to back off and make another dig thinking that corner would break off but it never did.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plumbed both rear cylinders into the front end loader joystick using diverter valves. The joystick has both lock and float modes. Depending on the controls, the cylinder may not need the extra check valve to hold the cylinder position.

View attachment 325876
The valve is nice as a safety feature too that if your hose springs a leak, the cylinder will stay in its position.

I could see where the hydraulic top link would be handy for a 3 point hay rake!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use a box blade or rear blade. Smoothing out our road is with an Adams Road Patrol #4 horse drawn grader with the wheels in the rear behind the blade. I've removed the front wheels, making an adaptor to attach to the point the front wheels rotated on. Amazing piece of equipment with an 8' blade that can be adjusted for angle and pitch manually. No box blade or rear grader can come close to building or maintaining a road vs this tool. I have around 400 lbs of tractor weights on the operator position in the rear.
Thinking more about the tiller and disk. The manual link doesn't raise either much when loading on the trailer so always digging divots in the yard.
This one is on purple wave online auction. Someone needs to buy it. I've even used mine to rebuild some terraces.

View attachment 326276
Our addition has one exactly like that. I ride the rear working the blade with the wheels and my neighbor pulls it with his Kubota. Our 1/2 mile gravel road is in excellent shape. We hire professional blade, roller, gravel about every 7 years......otherwise we keep in in good shape working only once or twice a year with our antique.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got to this project. I bought this quick mount plate off Amazon if you believe that. It weighs 110 lbs and shipped UPS for free.

Unfortunately, It didn’t fit just right and I had to modify it. I know, big surprise for Chinese crap.

Anyway, I added a the receiver and some mounts for a 72” UTV snow plow I have. I cut a square hole to weld the receiver on both sides of a plate. I welded a brace on top and may weld one on bottom too. That shouldn’t go anywhere.

Just need to paint it Kubota orange and it will be done.

This is how much I had to torch out to get the pins for the quick mount to close.
B80D4143-1C14-4580-8A23-DF8112FE075A.jpeg

5C64788C-4A6E-4646-B224-FD1F667D5F7D.jpeg

993513F7-D062-4473-87FB-84B92DAD7263.jpeg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got to this project. I bought this quick mount plate off Amazon if you believe that. It weighs 110 lbs and shipped UPS for free.

Unfortunately, It didn’t fit just right and I had to modify it. I know, big surprise for Chinese crap.

Anyway, I added a the receiver and some mounts for a 72” UTV snow plow I have. I cut a square hole to weld the receiver on both sides of a plate. I welded a brace on top and may weld one on bottom too. That shouldn’t go anywhere.

Just need to paint it Kubota orange and it will be done.

This is how much I had to torch out to get the pins for the quick mount to close.
View attachment 350505

View attachment 350508

View attachment 350509
Not sure if you need to weld a brace on the bottom as much as youd want to weld braces on the left and right side. These would alleviate any chance of side loading causing the plow to collapse to the left or right. Just my opinion.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're gonna have a new shop/garage/barn built so the cheesy little carport is gonna get moved to the old shop.

I spent a few hours the evening trying to prep the ground next to the shop for gravel that's being delivered tomorrow. Finally got it down to where I can work it with the box blade and grader blade. So, I'll fine tune it tomorrow. Then I'll start disassembling the carport and moving that over.

I wish I had two things... 1) Some dirt moving skills. I have to Forrest Gump my way thru this stuff but I do get a little better every time I try it. 2) A bigger tractor. Tractors are like safes. You should always buy bigger than you think you'll need.

Carport B.jpg
Carport C.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom