Tractor time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe long winded lol. Because I think I've seen new tractor owners. I want to say be careful. Our compact is 40 hp and has a capable hydraulic system. That said it has more power than it does azz. 2017 and I have 585 hours on it, so it gets used pretty regular. A tractor to a country folk makes them quite capable of some feats you'd be hard pressed to do without. I often wish my rear tires were fluid filled, quite a benefit I'm told. As many times as I've had the back tires off the ground or on 3 wheels I could warm up to fluid filled. I love my tractor time. One day the hole I'm working on may be able to hold a few fish, which is the goal. That and having a hole the cows can suck from. Something I always pass on to the young that come before me . A hydraulic lever is like a faucet handle, the more you push the more fluid you allow to move. Becoming one with your hydraulics allows you smooth and safe operation. Let's hear more from you country bumpkins. 😁 Oh and dirt is heavy and wet dirt heavier yet 😁.
They sure enough are a blessing even though the county makes you pay personal taxes on them.

Attachments

• 20220905_121633.jpg
    20220905_121633.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220905_125332.jpg
    20220905_125332.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220905_125618.jpg
    20220905_125618.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220905_125548.jpg
    20220905_125548.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a compact tractor and wish the backend was heavier also. I bought a dozer to do the heavier stuff. Wish I was a more efficient operator. Diesel is expensive.
The back tires on my M7040 are liquid filled, and it makes a huge difference mowing on inclines and handling big round bales with the front end loader.
I have a 90hp skid steer for heavier jobs, but I would love to have a dozer too.

I’ve bought a little over 70 gallons of diesel so far this week, and it’s making me question if some of the projects I want to do are really that necessary.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The back tires on my M7040 are liquid filled, and it makes a huge difference mowing on inclines and handling big round bales with the front end loader.
I have a 90hp skid steer for heavier jobs, but I would love to have a dozer too.

I’ve bought a little over 70 gallons of diesel so far this week, and it’s making me question if some of the projects I want to do are really that necessary.
What are your tires filled with? I have all the equipment I just haven't filled them.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a compact tractor and wish the backend was heavier also. I bought a dozer to do the heavier stuff. Wish I was a more efficient operator. Diesel is expensive.
Bull dozer 🥰, my lovely wife would like a pond up front and in time she'll get her wish. Only she hasn't quite grasped that our compact tractor isn't designed as an earth mover lol. I guess she's seen what I've accomplished and figures I can get it done.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bull dozer 🥰, my lovely wife would like a pond up front and in time she'll get her wish. Only she hasn't quite grasped that our compact tractor isn't designed as an earth mover lol. I guess she's seen what I've accomplished and figures I can get it done.
It would be easier on the tractor and hydralics if you ran a disk or something over the area your wanting to dig out.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anti freeze or beet juice from my understanding.
What are your tires filled with? I have all the equipment I just haven't filled them.
We always used water and antifreeze in ours, but there have been times they didnt get the ratio correct and some cold days you could tell it if you went down the road.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have complained for years that they are making tractors to short of wheel base for what they are being used for, the older tractors with a longer wheel base wasnt as hard to get off the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom