• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Trade for Big Bores?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I love big rifles, but as I get older I probably won't love them forever. So I'm looking to trade for some now. I've got lots of various trade fodder so I'm thinking if anyone has stuff in such teensey weensie calibers such as 458 Lott, 458 Win, 416 Rem Man, 375 Win, 300H&H or similar they don't want, maybe we can make a deal. I've got a pile of optics and stuff in more common calibers such as Leupold and Burris scopes, Binoculars from Vortex/Nikon, Bits of black metal, 9mm/40/44mag cal handguns. If interested send me a PM.

I'm in NE Oklahoma but would travel in-state to make something work if the deal was right.

Cheers!

Okieoutdoors

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CZ 550 American 416 Rigby

Extra fancy wood
Steel bedded
Mercury recoil reducer in the stock
Jeweled bolt and follower
Barrell band
Express sights
Leupold 1.5 X 5 in Talley quick release rings

CZ 1.jpg

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you priced the ammo? I've got .338 Lapua, .375 H&H, .416 Rem Mag, .444 Marlin, 45-70 Gov't, .450 Marlin, and .458 Lott rifles. Really only the 45-70's get shot with much regularity due to the ammo cost. I still love them all and don't want to get rid of any. Just posing a quick reality check in case you hadn't seen the up to $5 per shot of some of the calibers listed.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Have you priced the ammo? I've got .338 Lapua, .375 H&H, .416 Rem Mag, .444 Marlin, 45-70 Gov't, .450 Marlin, and .458 Lott rifles. Really only the 45-70's get shot with much regularity due to the ammo cost. I still love them all and don't want to get rid of any. Just posing a quick reality check in case you hadn't seen the up to $5 per shot of some of the calibers listed.
Yup --- but I reload, so the cost goes waaaaay down. I think on average for the large stuff I have it's about 80% cheaper than retail.

No chance you want to part with the Lott???? :D I've got 60 rounds for it and no gun!

Last edited:

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup --- but I reload, so the cost goes waaaaay down. I think on average for the large stuff I have it's about 80% cheaper than retail.

No chance you want to part with the Lott???? :D I've got 60 rounds for it and no gun!
I reload too, but even the initial buy-in is expensive for them. I've seen too many people buy big bores, shoot a box, then sell them because they don't want to pay to feed them. Hoping to help you avoid that if you were unaware but it sounds like you are aware. :-)
No, it took me forever to find the rifle. I had been looking for a .458 mag to round out my collection and I hoped to find a stainless synthetic Rem. 700 and it turned out to be a 700 KS SS (Kevlar Stock, Stainless Steel) in .458 Lott.
I have been toying with the idea of selling one of my .45/70's since I have several and two in identical configuration (JM Marlin 1895 SDG which is stainless and laminated stock). But, I probably won't as one is NIB and the other is my favorite big bore to shoot. I used to buy, sell, trade a lot as I tried different things. But, now, very few leave as I have figured out mostly what I like.

Good luck on your quest. FWIW, I have bought most of mine on Gunbroker, but in 2021 they started charging tax on all sales (as did most online retailers) so don't forget to take that into account.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I reload too, but even the initial buy-in is expensive for them. I've seen too many people buy big bores, shoot a box, then sell them because they don't want to pay to feed them. Hoping to help you avoid that if you were unaware but it sounds like you are aware. :-)
No, it took me forever to find the rifle. I had been looking for a .458 mag to round out my collection and I hoped to find a stainless synthetic Rem. 700 and it turned out to be a 700 KS SS (Kevlar Stock, Stainless Steel) in .458 Lott.
I have been toying with the idea of selling one of my .45/70's since I have several and two in identical configuration (JM Marlin 1895 SDG which is stainless and laminated stock). But, I probably won't as one is NIB and the other is my favorite big bore to shoot. I used to buy, sell, trade a lot as I tried different things. But, now, very few leave as I have figured out mostly what I like.

Good luck on your quest. FWIW, I have bought most of mine on Gunbroker, but in 2021 they started charging tax on all sales (as did most online retailers) so don't forget to take that into account.
All good points. I have a habit of stumbling into things and then finding things. Like I got a virtual lifetime supply of 375 h&H brass when I found a place selling a few hundred cases of brand new Barnes for something like 60 cents each one time. The reason I have the Lott ammo is that it basically came free when I won an auction online one time. I've traded into a few of the rifles as well at good deals so that and the reloading keeps the costs down.

Can't blame a guy for trying on your lott though. They don't come up often in these parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom