Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We have elk in every county and a statewide season. The zones are controlled by a quota. It might be a good idea to check quotas before you head out for a hunt. Wonder if we all need to pony up and hav our elk license purchased? Looks like a resident tag is $51.
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/regs/elk-big-game-season

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Check this out which was captured yesterday morning in one of my cameras.

View attachment 285438

South central Oklahoma about ten miles off I-35.
Very cool! A niece of a friend of mine shot a good bull in that area around 7-8 years ago IIRC. I believe there are plans to introduce elk to the west side of the interstate sometime soon.

This may sound crazy but didn’t that population start from Jimmy Houston’s private herd? Just something I had heard a long time ago

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree and I did when I saw the picture. I could not imagine seeing one while hunting.

This is an area with zero elk history of the years I have had cameras and have never seen one before while out on the land. It was a nice surprise for sure.
There was one hit on I-40 just west of Yukon probably 20 years ago. Comer was still the game warden at the time. Then about 4 or 5 years ago, I caught one about this size on a trail cam just NW of Piedmont. Only had one picture of him and no one else ever reported seeing him.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5A78E826-C6A5-4FE1-A1D5-8FC0D3EC826F.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom