Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks to me like he needs to call @Oklahomabassin about using his trap.
I built a trap but not a lot of luck with it yet. Probably operator error. Since I'm not out there all time I hate to leave it set for extended periods of time. I should probably get a cell trail camera to put on it. I could be there in an hour.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a trap but not a lot of luck with it yet. Probably operator error. Since I'm not out there all time I hate to leave it set for extended periods of time. I should probably get a cell trail camera to put on it. I could be there in an hour.
Succesful and effective trapping is a fairly big time investment.

Some have a little luck at first and then find it increasingly difficult in future attempts.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Succesful and effective trapping is a fairly big time investment.

Some have a little luck at first and then find it increasingly difficult in future attempts.
I was thinking maybe baiting and shooting when alerted they were there might be my best move but I know they’re smart and will probably only work limited

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve asked about cell trail cameras before but my dilemma is the poor cell service in my hunting area. ATT is almost non existent. I switched my phone service to Verizon but it is only slightly better. Any ideas for a cell trail camera set up in this type of service area? Are they any better than a cellphone?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve asked about cell trail cameras before but my dilemma is the poor cell service in my hunting area. ATT is almost non existent. I switched my phone service to Verizon but it is only slightly better. Any ideas for a cell trail camera set up in this type of service area? Are they any better than a cellphone?
I've got Tactacam ATT versions. Where I put some of my cams in KS, I have zero ATT cell service, but my ATT Tactacams work just fine and send pics with no issues.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been slightly concerned as I have had few deer in my cameras the last month. Needless to say it is because they are all together. Check out his herd.

1678280143300.png

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After several years of trying Im free from feed piles and game cameras.

Decided it was time to break the obsession and insanity that they brought.

This past fall I went back to my roots, just hunted corridors and white oaks with no idea what roamed the woods.

Ive had lots of great hunts and harvested several nice bucks and countless does utilizing feed piles and I think everyone should be able utilize the tactics they wish (within the law) without judgement or scrutiny.

I pined for the old days of excitement of deer hunting, I finally realized it was the not knowing what bucks existed that was providing that feeling.

Will I go back? I won’t say I wouldn’t ever hunt a feed pile/feeder again but for now I’m loving the sobriety.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit using trail cams several years ago. Figured out I was obsessing over one or two bucks and losing reality over the real reason for hunting. I now enjoy being out in nature and finding that every rustling of the leaves or movement in the distance keeps me just as excited. Happy hunting for all!!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

I've got Tactacam ATT versions. Where I put some of my cams in KS, I have zero ATT cell service, but my ATT Tactacams work just fine and send pics with no issues.
That’s my experience too. I have a stand that when I’m at the base I have no cell service. When I climb the tree I have one bar. The Tactacam is at the base of the ladder and sends consistent pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom