Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After several years of trying Im free from feed piles and game cameras.

Decided it was time to break the obsession and insanity that they brought.

This past fall I went back to my roots, just hunted corridors and white oaks with no idea what roamed the woods.

Ive had lots of great hunts and harvested several nice bucks and countless does utilizing feed piles and I think everyone should be able utilize the tactics they wish (within the law) without judgement or scrutiny.

I pined for the old days of excitement of deer hunting, I finally realized it was the not knowing what bucks existed that was providing that feeling.

Will I go back? I won’t say I wouldn’t ever hunt a feed pile/feeder again but for now I’m loving the sobriety.
Congratulation!!! :thumb:
I did the same at my place here in TX this past season, and it was a liberating experience. I won’t be doing the same at my place up up there though. With my hunting trips and time limited due to distance and the fact that I pick out one particular buck to hunt each year, I don’t want to waste what time I have trying to figure out what or how to hunt my chosen target.:anyone:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, I am different as the trail cams are the only thing keeping me sane until fall. Every time I pull my cards it’s like Christmas. I don’t use them to track “that buck” but to just enjoy nature. It is cool to see what animals do in their undisturbed environment

No cellular for me, outside of little coverage I am just cheap.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, I am different as the trail cams are the only thing keeping me sane until fall. Every time I pull my cards it’s like Christmas. I don’t use them to track “that buck” but to just enjoy nature. It is cool to see what animals do in their undisturbed environment

No cellular for me, outside of little coverage I am just cheap.
I’m with you. Don’t use the trail cams for hunting. It’s an activity my wife and I enjoy together. Riding the ATV to gather chips and then sit at the computer to see what critters are sharing our property. I am getting my first cell camera solely to set up near a pig baiting location to tell me when they are there. They are so unpredictable and I would like to thin them out a bit.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230313_193646_Gallery.jpg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These guys are unpredictable as to when and where. Counted over 30 this time

Since this video I’ve been busy with a plan. Have mixed up an attractant ( corn, jello, yeast, anise oil) to be hung from a tree in burlap bag and some buried. Picked up a cell trail camera that will tell me when they are there. I can show up in minutes with 300blk AR, thermal and can. What’s wrong with my plan? Will be lucky to get more than a couple of shots I would guess. Thinking I might take first shot at a smaller more edible one and then try to take out a larger one probably on the run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom