Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an unexpected surprise when I checked my pictures this evening.
2C1C1685-BD1A-4C80-A868-E88F76AACC0E.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got hamburger and steak!!

Or freegrazers. I get freegrazers more often than hamburger and steak. They wanna throw some beef my way, I’ll quit harping. Me- “Hey, thought I’d let you know, your calves are out again”. Them-“Sorry my calves are out again”. Me-“quit cutting the bottom wire at the low spot then wrapping the 2nd and 3rd wire together, it’ll probably happen a lot less. Or quit pasturing your place to the dirt. While you’re at it, please quit cutting the trees on my side of the fence” Them- “that was the previous lessor or your cows knocked the fence down (I have ZERO beef) or those aren’t mine (you sure? Cuz I’m about to have 12 head of veal in my freezer and there’s 12 big mommy cows on your side of the fence that look pissed as hell that I’m petting some calves that aren’t yours) or my wife died of covid and my house just burned down (felt bad about that one, he was actually telling the truth. Told him to leave the cows on my place) Blah blah blah blah blah”

Point is, unwanted beef on unleased ground is a common nuisance and theft. And all people suck sometimes, me included.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or freegrazers. I get freegrazers more often than hamburger and steak. They wanna throw some beef my way, I’ll quit harping. Me- “Hey, thought I’d let you know, your calves are out again”. Them-“Sorry my calves are out again”. Me-“quit cutting the bottom wire at the low spot then wrapping the 2nd and 3rd wire together, it’ll probably happen a lot less. Or quit pasturing your place to the dirt. While you’re at it, please quit cutting the trees on my side of the fence” Them- “that was the previous lessor or your cows knocked the fence down (I have ZERO beef) or those aren’t mine (you sure? Cuz I’m about to have 12 head of veal in my freezer and there’s 12 big mommy cows on your side of the fence that look pissed as hell that I’m petting some calves that aren’t yours) or my wife died of covid and my house just burned down (felt bad about that one, he was actually telling the truth. Told him to leave the cows on my place) Blah blah blah blah blah”

Point is, unwanted beef on unleased ground is a common nuisance and theft. And all people suck sometimes, me included.
I've had get aways one time. The neighbor on the river place is very responsible. I let him bale the place every year for free because I don't' put up hay anymore. Cows are way too much work. LOL.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got an unexpected surprise when I checked my pictures this evening.
View attachment 369830
Yep I get that problem occasionally from a neighbor at my 80. Not a lot of damage just an aggravation. Cow patties on my trails and around the cabin that have to be avoided. He finally got it under control after several communications. This is one of my pet peeves. I have dogs and goats here at my 6 acre homestead and I care enough to have good fencing so their lives are not put at risk. In 40 years I have never had one off of my property. My neighbors here cannot say the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom