Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not on game cam, but in the front yard, we have had a doe with a big belly come to eat the grass for the last month. She was missing for a couple days, and showed up today without a fat belly.
I'm thinking she dropped a fawn up in the corner where she has in the past. It's really early for fawns, but it is the same doe with a scar on her hip.
We still have the feeder in the front yard but haven't filled it since December.
Think I'll go get some protein pellets and corn to put in there tomorrow.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have nothing anywhere near that right now.
I’ve got 4 cameras sending pictures, and that’s the most growth I’ve seen. I’ve been looking back at previous years, and he looks like what bucks typically have in early June.
This one is about what all the other bucks look like. If he grows into his bases, he might end up being a hit list contender.
Image-1.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got 4 cameras sending pictures, and that’s the most growth I’ve seen. I’ve been looking back at previous years, and he looks like what bucks typically have in early June.
This one is about what all the other bucks look like. If he grows into his bases, he might end up being a hit list contender.
View attachment 376971
That’s more like what I am seeing.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not on game cam, but in the front yard, we have had a doe with a big belly come to eat the grass for the last month. She was missing for a couple days, and showed up today without a fat belly.
I'm thinking she dropped a fawn up in the corner where she has in the past. It's really early for fawns, but it is the same doe with a scar on her hip.
We still have the feeder in the front yard but haven't filled it since December.
Think I'll go get some protein pellets and corn to put in there tomorrow.
Speaking swole up does.
IMG_1517.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone still using a white flash game camera?
I found a deal on a Spartan white flash cell cam, but I’ve kind of got used to the “stealth” of the blackout cameras.
In the old days, all the cameras had a white flash, and the deer and pigs didn’t seem to care. I really liked the pictures off those cameras, but for looking at pictures of deer at a feeder, the blackout pictures are plenty good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone still using a white flash game camera?
I found a deal on a Spartan white flash cell cam, but I’ve kind of got used to the “stealth” of the blackout cameras.
In the old days, all the cameras had a white flash, and the deer and pigs didn’t seem to care. I really liked the pictures off those cameras, but for looking at pictures of deer at a feeder, the blackout pictures are plenty good.
The deer probably thought the white flash was lightning or something. They see it all the time and it doesn't concern them is my thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom