Trailer tags/travel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have pulled cars on trailers from Ohio to Oklahoma and from here to MO and never had a tag on them and never hassled.
Now lap belts only in my Ford van got me pulled over a couple times..and let go once they seen the lap belts and noticed they were fastened.
But there were NO seat belts in the van when I got it and I replaced the seats that were in it.
I do not mind being pulled over and I do mind giving the sate money that does no good for me.
You can grind serial numbers off and you can remove tags and paint the trailer and change the wheels etc etc.
No benefit unless you do not like being pulled over.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a general trailer question @Pokinfun . The one that sparked it was a small motorcycle utility trailer. It would hold 4 suitcases plus a cooler so free up the "trunk" area of my car for other stuff and still be really small and easy to maneuver.
I'm still trying to figure out my end game on what I want to do for a trailer to be honest. I dont want to have a bunch of little trailers floating around but I also have lots of stuff I want to do with them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont disagree...but I dont have a good place to store them all.

Ideally I'd have a utility trailer, camper, and small motorcycle type trailer. Now I'm trying to see if I can get creative and make a camper "slide-in" for a utility trailer to combine the two....and live without the motorcycle trailer. So many ideas...

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a heavy duty condor type wheel chock for my motorcycle that I can put in and remove from my UTV trailer.
If I was going to haul it very far I would rather have a some type of wind dam for the front of the trailer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont disagree...but I dont have a good place to store them all.

Ideally I'd have a utility trailer, camper, and small motorcycle type trailer. Now I'm trying to see if I can get creative and make a camper "slide-in" for a utility trailer to combine the two....and live without the motorcycle trailer. So many ideas...
I've seen a redneck toy hauler that had a overhead camper like a pickup in the nose, with room for cycles, atv's, etc in the back.
5th wheel hitch so it wouldn't work for your vehicle, unless you went this way.....

upload_2018-3-31_21-19-38.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom