Trailer trash diy gun rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate Walmart. Had an idea rolling around in my head and suddenly it fell out on aisle 10 at wallyworld.
Pic one is everything I bought including a nylon pillow bag ($2.00), socks filled with rice ($0.00 had them and been using them as a rest), Scotch velcro strips ($?....had them already), and of course cheap 20 lb bag of rice for a couple of bucks.
Pic 2, positioning sock bags.
3 and 4 is putting the strips on pillow and socks.
5 and 6 is the side and back view of the gun with the socks attached.
Socks can be pulled off.
This was very solid and it's my first try and may modify but I think a great start.
It feels great and won't move with shots and can't wait to try it out.
Poor people got poor ways....Ha!
Trailer trash gun rest 1.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 2.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 3.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 4.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 5.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 5.JPG
Trailer trash gun rest 6.JPG

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it, mine are DIY leather. you a little more durability, try the legs off some old jeans.

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it, mine are DIY leather. you a little more durability, try the legs off some old jeans.
Thanks. I was just seeing how it would work. Jeans would be better and leather perfect.
I kind of like trying stuff out, that's cheap as dirt to make, and does things just as good as the original. I think it's a ball to make something that would cost 50 or 60 bucks. My thoughts were of the Bull Bag that retails at about 50.
Here's a picture of the professional bulls bag vs my Joe Dirt copy.
bulls bag.jpg
Trailer trash gun rest 6.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I think it looks great! It kinda goes with the idea of the Redneck Bass Boat my cousin Dwayne from Alabama made...Who says that it has to cost a lot of money to hunt and fish? Dwayne is workin' on a bigger version right now; soon as he can steal an old couch off'n somebody's front porch, and come up with a couple more old ammo boxes or some old beer kegs, he'll be set!
redneck_bass_boat.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell. That's darn near a new batter and a darn near new hat. Heck, he's one of them citified red necks. Heck I bet he don't even have his water hose connected to the neighbors house.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell. That's darn near a new batter and a darn near new hat. Heck, he's one of them citified red necks. Heck I bet he don't even have his water hose connected to the neighbors house.

Hell you know he don't have no dang neighbors; leastwisely, none that has indoor water that ain't done been turnt plumb off by the dang city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Har har! Dwayne, and his uncle/brother Billy Bob, done did laugh at that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom