Transfer question between relatives in different states

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of the guns fit this?

Curios & Relics​

A regulation implementing federal firearms laws, 27 CFR § 478.11, defines curio or relic (C&R) firearms as those which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons.
To be recognized as C&R items, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:
  1. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
  2. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
  3. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I mean no matter what ever term you use is the gun may have sold so long ago that no paperwork was ever done on it.

Use whatever term you want, but don't use "registered".

Non NFA guns are not registered in the USA.

Language matters. Do you say clip or mag when discussing firearms that utilize a magazine?

Honestly, I didn't know what you meant. What I thought was you weren't educated about registration. Sorry, but that's what I thought. No offense intended, but you said "registered". I took you at your word. I clearly misunderstood, but it was because of your misuse of "registered". Again, no offense intended.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not seen any laws cited in this conversation that disallows a gift between relatives, regardless of where they live, as long as everyone is legal to own a firearm in the first place.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not seen any laws cited in this conversation that disallows a gift between relatives, regardless of where they live, as long as everyone is legal to own a firearm in the first place.
I asked this same question in post #17 and this is post #40 and I was completely ignored. Everything I found referenced state laws NOT federal and I’d really like someone to show me what federal laws require an FFL transfer of a gun gifted from father to son.

Latest posts

Top Bottom