Transferring an SBR and a Tac-65 to Another person.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay friends, I am going to be transferring an SBR and a Tac-65 to Another person. Can someone get me headed in the right direction? Do I need a class III dealer to do this? The guy its going to just lives a mile from me. Can we do it on our own on a form 4? Help please. Thanks.

Mike

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay friends, I am going to be transferring an SBR and a Tac-65 to Another person. Can someone get me headed in the right direction? Do I need a class III dealer to do this? The guy its going to just lives a mile from me. Can we do it on our own on a form 4? Help please. Thanks.

Mike

Mike, no dealer is needed unless the sbr or suppressor is transferred out of state. The items will transfer from your F4 to the next tax paid forms.

John

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the others above have already posted, it is simply a set of Form 4's (and $200 tax each) for the suppressor and the SBR from you to him. When you receive the Form 4's back from ATF, he can then take possesion and you give him the Forms. No need to envolve a dealer for an instate transfer. If you did use a dealer you would have to transfer to the dealer and then the dealer would have to transfer to your buyer. That would double the paperwork, double the time and double the tax! No one would want to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom