Transformation of the news as we know it..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So when did the news start telling folks how to live and give advise on how to live your day, etc? For example, I've flipped channels 3x this morning, and all three mentioned it being cold Saturday, and to wear gloves, and went into the scenarios of frostbite? Really? Has anyone besides possibly a homeless person, sadly, in Oklahoma ever developed frost bite because it got cold for a day or two? I know there's thousands of articles, etc about how media attempts to control us, but when did this start? I'm not talking about op eds and being politically leaning one way or the other, but when did they start giving advise on how to live day by day?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News stations have been telling folks not to drive into flood waters too, I've yet to see everyone pay attention to that. But in regards to the title yes the snowball has started and it's going to get bigger and badder.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The very cynical side of me says the media (of all stripes) want people to feel helpless and just sit on their hands waiting to be told what to do and what to think.
But for the OP, it does seem the world is turned upside down.
The measurements or scorecards of who earns money for entertainment/media are changing.
I don't follow golf but the PGA is starting a new payout system, giving millions of bucks to pro golfers.
This program is not based on them actually winning any tournaments, will be based on who can "generate the most buzz for the sport."
The payout list is supposed to be calculated "according to five different metrics: Google searches, global media exposure (called Meltwater Mentions), social media reach (MPV Index), Nielsen TV ratings and Q-Score."
https://nypost.com/2021/12/30/phil-...g-in-14-million-with-pgas-new-player-payouts/

Latest posts

Top Bottom