Trapping 2017- Tales from a short-liner-the final run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice run Jared. Helped a couple of jr. High kids get started this year, but I've yet to set a trap out for myself.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job, catching coyotes is almost an art. You've rid the area of some fawn predators for sure. Personally, I would have a hard time whacking the greys, I enjoy watching those guys too much.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job, catching coyotes is almost an art. You've rid the area of some fawn predators for sure. Personally, I would have a hard time whacking the greys, I enjoy watching those guys too much.

If your setting for coyotes (as am I) you can't keep the foxes out of your sets (at least not to my knowledge). And they can be released after being in a leg-hold trap.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
last of the run, my heart wasn't quite in it and got lazy with sets, so I got thumped by the coyotes. I ended up catching two more on a walk-thru and a bone post. Also had a double on the greys on a walk-thru and the same bone post.

Finished the season with 15 coyotes, 6 grey foxes, 2 bobcats, 9 coons, 3 possums and 1 skunk in 27 nights.
yoter1.JPG
yoter2.JPG
foxy2.JPG
foxy1.JPG

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's a good run on a few acres.congrats! I put a few sets out for a neighbor up the road who's battling a badger Friday. Coons and coyote keep plugging my sets.Badgers are so unpredictable this late. Check out this beauty.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20170212_133639_zpspvggppjn.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
last of the run, my heart wasn't quite in it and got lazy with sets, so I got thumped by the coyotes. I ended up catching two more on a walk-thru and a bone post. Also had a double on the greys on a walk-thru and the same bone post.

Finished the season with 15 coyotes, 6 grey foxes, 2 bobcats, 9 coons, 3 possums and 1 skunk in 27 nights.

Heck of a run!

Latest posts

Top Bottom