Trapping hogs with round trap questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK so that is the first good reason to have a cell phone I suppose.
My land line can't do that :)
You can setup Google voice and send a text that way. Just use a computer. However they do sometimes make changes that cause small issues and you have to be near a computer to set the trap off.

Another option is to buy a used smart phone and get something like https://textfree.us/ and use that near somewhere with free wifi. Tablets with cellular connections are also a viable alternative as most have the ability to text.

I know you really really don't want a cell phone so I figured I would give you some options. The biggest issue is alerts can come in at any point and when things are time sensitive you have to have cell service.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, well not under a shade tree next to it... :D

I guess I should have asked how often you check the traps. In a few hours, next day. etc. :drunk2:

I’ve got a cellular camera on my trap, so I don’t have to check it.:anyone:

If I wasn’t using a camera like in the old days, I’d try to check it once a day.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dropped the gate this morning a little after 4. 25 hogs went to their next life. We butcheted 9 of them. 2 of the females we butchered had some bacon bits in the oven.
20190125_071738.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom