Trapping Paid Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Dont give your good hard earned money to duke for imported traps!

Duke copied the design from the trapsUSA model!

Go to trapsusa for $124 a dozen shipped to your house! Made in the USA!

Dog-Proof Raccoon Traps

Setting tool is included!

Here they are in the made in usa thread.

Anybody get anything MADE IN THE USA Today?

View attachment 332272
This little fella needed a snack while it waited on help to arrive!

I use mostly 24" of #4 rebar with a 5/8" heavy hex nut welded to the end
I thought Dukes were the first tubed dog proof on the market? The original coon cuff had square tubing as a base iirc.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dumb question maybe, if you dispatch them on location, does that deter future success? Seems that spot could get funky and prevent more from coming to the trap, or do you move them around a lot?
I know they're all over my area but I rarely see them. Kinda thinking being a little pro active with a trap would go a long way.
Not in the slightest. I've trapped all 158 raccoons from 3 spots on the properties. The traps haven't been moved around at all.

Doesn't bother deer, either.
70365767-27af-42aa-9ad1-56e997ebedc7.jpg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Dukes were the first tubed dog proof on the market? The original coon cuff had square tubing as a base iirc.
I dont know for sure!

Take it for what it is worth, but in a extended conversation with Michael Savu of TrapsUSA, he told me of the story of him getting involved with the person who designed them and contracted him to do the manufacturing. Duke was later on.

From my take on the story duke used high priced lawers to weasle their way into the dog proof market.

Reguardless, I stand for made in USA before any import.

As far as I know, duke dont make anything here in the states, and they copy everyone elses designs!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure!

Take it for what it is worth, but in a extended conversation with Michael Savu of TrapsUSA, he told me of the story of him getting involved with the person who designed them and contracted him to do the manufacturing. Duke was later on.

From my take on the story duke used high priced lawers to weasle their way into the dog proof market.

As far as I know, duke dont make anything here in the states, and they copy everyone elses designs!
Yes for sure. I'll have to look a little further, I'm trying to remember the square tubing company's name. That's probably been 15y or so ago, back when coons were $5-$10 and cats were $250-$400 lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure!

Here it is.

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/pdf/Coon Cuff.pdf
There's a pic of the originals but no longer available on this page, the ones with the square tubing. There was also shortly after those a company that made the trap mechanism and top with the chain, and you provided the empty soup can to fasten the trap mechanism to lol.

https://www.minntrapprod.com/Traps/departments/416/

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont give your good hard earned money to duke for imported traps!

Duke copied the design from the trapsUSA model!

Go to trapsusa for $124 a dozen shipped to your house! Made in the USA!

Dog-Proof Raccoon Traps

Setting tool is included!

Here they are in the made in usa thread.

Anybody get anything MADE IN THE USA Today?

View attachment 332272
This little fella needed a snack while it waited on help to arrive!

I use mostly 24" of #4 rebar with a 5/8" heavy hex nut welded to the end
Apparently you've got to purchase a dozen. 2 would be all I'd care to employ.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
For me it is disheartening when trying to grow some organic field corn or sweet corn and them bastards rape, pillage, and destroy a fine crop.

That is the main reason I got the dog proofs from TrapsUSA

Next on the hit list is squirrels, been eyeing up methods of using 110 conibears.
#2 or #1.5 steel trap mounted to a board in the crotch of your favorite squirrel tree, peanut butter on the pan, pan set as light as possible. My dad had several pecan trees and lived in town. Pellet gun killed a ton, but the traps killed them when he wasn't around with the pellet gun lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom