Trash Pandas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
9 early Christmas gifts for my resident trash pandas, hope they enjoy reaching into their steel stockings tonight....

20211128_145345.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was binge watching North American trapper last night with 4 episodes.
Two were about trapping raccoons. Those guys put way too much work into catching them with DP's using lures, scents, making sets and so on.
Big marshmallow under the trip they can't get out and scatter the small ones around to attract their attention and they are in the trap the next day.
Of course the show sponsors were selling the lures and scents.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a catch pole i made out of 5’ piece of conduit, coated aircraft cable and a clothesline stretcher. Works good for the release.

I was working steady midnight turn at the time and I always slept in the evening before work!

One day my brother woke me up, "there is a coon in the pole barn up in the rafters making a hell of a mess"!

I get up, dressed and go out there, sure enough, there it is! "Now what?"

As above get a piece of metal conduit and a cable that had a loop in the end.

Made a noose with the cable and slid the end down the conduit .

I climbed up there, looped it around the coons neck pulled it tight and lifted it up, spun it around (while it decided to piss in mid air), handed to my brother ("Hold on tight to the cable, I told him!"), then I climbed down.

I wanted to wack it but he said awe, just let it go! So we let it go!

Week later, he wakes me up again..... "The coon is back!"

This time I get dressed, slip the mod 63 S&W in my pants and we go out.

Same routine as above, but this time I take the coon out back "BAM!" One in the ole noggin!

No more wakey wakey "There is a coon in the barn"!

Ahh, happy nappy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom