travel trailer delamination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a travel trailer a few years ago ...it was used. it had a water leak on driver side front where a radio antenna was.

I repaired water leak. removed a couple boards that were rotted. I allowed to dry. went inside. removed paneling in two sections to ensure no more damage and to give air flow to ensure it was dry. built cork boards to cover the areas.... can check it for moisture in the future. none since.

The rubber roof was properly replaced

Along front top of tt ..... an area bubbled....delaminated ....it has not gotten larger..... in two plus years. the area is about 18"*3feet I do store under a roof.

Should I worry about this?

Adhesive kits are sold but clamping becomes an issue. I was wondering if it would work to use 1/4" bolts through all layers of the camper with fender washers to pull the layers together will epoxy dries?

Anyone with delam experience?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have the roof replaced again. water leaks are the enemy of a camper. If you never move it and it sits under a carport or something and it never gets rained on, I would not worry about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm new to the RV game and spend a lot of time on RV forums. From what I can see, you need to fix the delamination.
A lot of these new RV's are basically glued together, and that adds to the structural integrity.
Google "how to fix delamination". There are a ton of video's and personal experiences about how to repair delamination.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
watch

Oh boy, I have had some issues with my pop-up roof and I would fix it asap. I waited and it ended up costing me plenty. The video, if the link works, has a pretty ingenious method of clamping the pieces together.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good idea for clamping in the video.

Personally, I would not drill any holes to use for clamping. That just creates more risks for leaks and more delamination.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The holes are drilled to inject the epoxy, or resin. One to enter, the other to exit.

I agree, drilling otherwise would be foolish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom