Traveling thru Canada and long guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great link. Will fill out ahead of time. Thanks.
ARG

Been across the border many times traveling to Alaska. It just go to where it was easier to ship my firearms as air freight on Alaska Airlines and pick up once I got there. For wildlife defense in Canada I’d just bring a couple of cans of bear spray. No problem bring it across the border as long as you declare it and it’s marked ”bear spray”. Always figured it was better then a sharp stick.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Link to the firearms deceleration page you have to fill out before you arrive at the Canadian border crossing.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wam/media/2347/original/d369a605ac3363b569af5ea5dc40c88d.pdf
This is a very helpful idea. Not required but very useful. But don't be surprised if it is not the current form when you get to the border. Canada is the land of instant revision. No problem, they will either hand you the new form to fill out or fill out the new form for you-they have done both for me in the past. I also think the fee has gone.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a very helpful idea. Not required but very useful. But don't be surprised if it is not the current form when you get to the border. Canada is the land of instant revision. No problem, they will either hand you the new form to fill out or fill out the new form for you-they have done both for me in the past. I also think the fee has gone.

That‘s straight from the RCMP’s web site. They are pretty good at keeping documents up to date as it helps keep the process flowing. I had it suggested to me a number of times to have the form filled out before I got in the line.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canada probably has some beautyful country up there!

But, I'll never go!

Well I will think about it when they get a Second Amendment like ours and honor my rights!

🙂

Their country, their rules.

Before they closed the border, we would go about twice a year. If you ever want to experience Europe without going, make a trip to Old Quebec City! It's one of my favorite places on this continent!

:thumbup3:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That‘s straight from the RCMP’s web site. They are pretty good at keeping documents up to date as it helps keep the process flowing. I had it suggested to me a number of times to have the form filled out before I got in the line.
Good advice, and if the form has changed, they have been pretty accommodating about helping complete the new form.

Latest posts

Top Bottom