Treated myself to my first 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been into handguns a long time, but I have never took the leap into the 1911 platform. Got kind of a surprise bonus at work, got the wife to agree I could spend it how I wanted lol, so I went gun shopping! Found one that had to come home with me. Found a new colt gold cup (apparently hard to get right now).

Initially I was considering an inexpensive option. Like RIA or Taurus etc.. but after shopping around I realized I wanted to invest in more of an heirloom quality pistol. I was strongly considering a used Springfield Ronin they had at BigBoys, but settled on the Colt. I will be ordering dies and reloading for it. So excited!

So, asking you seasoned 1911 folks out there, is there anything I should plan on doing to this pistol?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you jumped in at Colt-level. I think that you will like it quite a bit.

Put 500 rounds through it before you start messing with it. Sometimes modifications done in haste don't have the long term effect we're hoping for. Few things are as frustrating as modifying a gun, only to return it to stock later because it just works/feels better.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! That’s what I wanted to hear, I will plan on leaving it alone and shooting it.

Blacktot: Thanks for the tip on disassembly. I will watch some videos and be cautious as I learn the process.

I liked that the gold cup has the adjustable rear sight. That way I can mess around with different hand loads and sight it in accordingly.

I’m excited to get a taste of that single action trigger! I love my glocks for EDC and HD, but they don’t get me excited at the range. I don’t plan to carry this pistol, it’s purely for target shooting to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom