Treated myself to my first 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! That’s what I wanted to hear, I will plan on leaving it alone and shooting it.

Blacktot: Thanks for the tip on disassembly. I will watch some videos and be cautious as I learn the process.

I liked that the gold cup has the adjustable rear sight. That way I can mess around with different hand loads and sight it in accordingly.

I’m excited to get a taste of that single action trigger! I love my glocks for EDC and HD, but they don’t get me excited at the range. I don’t plan to carry this pistol, it’s purely for target shooting to me.
I predict you will love it. Might try some dry practice, get used to the grip, trigger pull. Maybe do the coin balanced on top of the slide/dry fire drill, get your hold steady, wrist locked, stiff.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on your Colt 1911 purchase, Welcome to the club.
The only thing I would do is purchase some Wilson Combat 47D 8 Round Magazines(In my opinion they are the best)
As far as the Colt, Just shoot it.
If your not real familiar with a 1911 YouTube can be your friend. Lots of videos on assembly and disassembly.
I have a bunch and like WC mags, but Tripps are just as good in my experience. I’m going to step out on a limb and say about any reliability issues you’re going to have will be traced back to a magazine problem. Don’t skimp on mag quality.

OP, Congrats on the gun. That would make a great base gun for a custom build.:thumb:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should get it gold plated so it at least fits the name.

Haha! I’ll get right on that. But only after I get some 22” rims on a grand marquis.

Congrats on your Colt 1911 purchase, Welcome to the club.
The only thing I would do is purchase some Wilson Combat 47D 8 Round Magazines(In my opinion they are the best)
As far as the Colt, Just shoot it.
If your not real familiar with a 1911 YouTube can be your friend. Lots of videos on assembly and disassembly.
View attachment 301612

Thanks for the tips. I will track down some good mags and look for the ones you recommended. I keep hearing people like the Wilson combat mags

Latest posts

Top Bottom