Treated myself to my first 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a mag hoarder, and at one time I had a couple hundred 1911 mags of all flavors…ChipM, Metalform, Tripp, Wilson, Colt, and a bunch of no name (probably made by Metalform or ChipM). To be honest, the only ones I ever had problems with and ended up rebuilding with Tripp guts is a couple of the no name mags.
For defensive carry, I use flush fit Tripps, but I have 11 old stainless Colt mags that I bought second hand off another message board several years ago that I use most for practice.
When I had my second Colt custom built, it wouldn’t run with the old Colt mags, and I told the gunsmith there was a problem with the gun. He argued with me that it was a mag problem and not a gun problem. He didn’t have much of a leg to stand on, because they ran great in the first gun he built me. I insisted he take the gun back and sent my mags with it, and I was right. He tweeked something, and it ran fine with ALL my mags afterwards.
In case anyone is interested, a Pelican 1020 case holds 6 1911 mags perfectly. I keep a case in all my vehicles and scattered around my house, because you never know when you might need extra mags.
173C1C2F-00CC-4748-A307-C331ABFBC5D1.jpeg

76605873-DEBA-4E63-AED6-45E8F15B2145.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All this talk about 1911's gave me an itch that needed to be scratched so I headed to the range early this morning with my SA Mil-Spec and 100 rounds of ammo to ring the gongs at 25 yds.....I was the only one on the range and I had a good time.

I was shooting ammo that my buddy that passed away a few weeks ago had loaded and I don't know if it was his ammo, the SA or a combination of both but I was shooting pretty darn good this morning for an old phart. :)

I've got to get off this thing now I've got a dirty 1911 to clean.

SA 1911.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom