Treated myself to my first 1911!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All this talk about 1911's gave me an itch that needed to be scratched so I headed to the range this early this morning with my SA Mil-Spec and 100 rounds of ammo and rang the gongs at 25 yds.....I was the only one on the range and I had a good time.

I was shooting ammo that my buddy that passed away a few weeks ago had loaded and I don't know if it was his ammo, the SA or a combination of both but I was shooting pretty darn good this morning for an old phart. :)

I've got to get off this thing now, I've got a dirty 1911 to go clean.

View attachment 302212
Now that make's me want to buy another gun!!!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Chip McCormick Mags looked pretty but failed when it came to reliability.
I've never heard of that nor heard anyone say a Chip M mag failed. I've never had any Chip McCormick mag of any flavor fail and I own several handfuls. Not one, and I've had them as long as of my WC or longer. I've had at least 3 WC fail.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice!
As for what to do to it, I was told to shoot it alot before ever cleaning it. Not sure but I guess that helps it to break in.
I like the sound of that!

Ya know when I first got into guns for a few years I was one of the OCD guys who’d clean a pistol after a box ammo etc… Nowadays I tend to put off cleaning much longer. Hell, run ‘em dirty! Especially polymers… my stainless revolvers get the soot wiped off, but I wait till hundreds of rounds have been fired before thoroughly cleaning

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nowadays I tend to put off cleaning much longer. Hell, run ‘em dirty! Especially polymers… my stainless revolvers get the soot wiped off, but I wait till hundreds of rounds have been fired before thoroughly cleaning

It makes no difference how many rounds I run through one of my firearms or even if I'm going to turn around and shoot the same gun the next day......they get cleaned the same day I fire them.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It makes no difference how many rounds I run through one of my firearms or even if I'm going to turn around and shoot the same gun the next day......they get cleaned the same day I fire them.
I get that. You must enjoy cleaning, I get that too. To each their own I suppose. I just find it unnecessary to be so aggressive with cleaning.

As long as the bore isn’t getting lead-fouled or something like that, I don’t think it hurts them a bit to be a little dirty. I reject the common notion that not constantly cleaning a firearm is “neglect”

Latest posts

Top Bottom