Tree ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea of what kind of tree this is? It grew on its own out back, when it was about a foot tall I dug it up and planted it where it is now. That was 4 or 5 years ago, it took a while for it to take hold and really start growing.

treel.jpg

treeleaves.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Aphids also like to lay eggs on them which will make the leaves curl up but it won’t kill them. Just unattractive for a while. Volksoil will take care of them

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aphids also like to lay eggs on them which will make the leaves curl up but it won’t kill them. Just unattractive for a while. Volksoil will take care of them

Tell me about it. I have 2 ash trees in the yard and they get hit every year with the leaf curling stuff on the new growth.

They have sawtooth leaves though which made me think it might be something else as those look smooth edged.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
87AFE18A-F74E-42E6-A559-CF47FF72105F.png
Tell me about it. I have 2 ash trees in the yard and they get hit every year with the leaf curling stuff on the new growth.

They have sawtooth leaves though which made me think it might be something else as those look smooth edged.
The cedar waxwings also like the new growth in spring about the time the growth looks like parsley. They would make a mess on my deck. I would literally have to hose the droppings off my deck every morning. Luckily, it only last a couple weeks and the waxwings are cool birds to watch.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could it be native pecan? I have found pecans the mice and squirrels have gathered up. Not sure where the closest pecan tree is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom