Tree Stand Harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading about the KC Royals manager Ned Yosts near death experience from falling from his stand I’m finally convinced to get a harness. If you haven’t read about it I recommend it. He is lucky to be alive. Anyways I know I should’ve been wearing one from day one and I’m a poor example of safety for my kids. So no need to go there.

What harness do you guys recommend for bow hunting and why?

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't throw em away! They bring like $10 bucks each on Ebay!

I use a Muddy harness. It has bino clips, easy to put on in the dark, and has sturdy belt on it. It doesn't work its way loose after climbing or moving. I tried a Tree spider initially and its design would let it slide down on my body (I'm short) and I did not like at all.

I could probably meet up with you at some point to check mine out and try it on if you'd like? Just shoot me a PM.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used seat belt material to make my "perch" in a tree and I have tied in with it.
I always have rope and use it if i feel the need.
But this Indian can sit on a limb all day.

I do not have a stand and no climbing stuff like spikes..I figure if you can't climb a tree and sit on a branch you probably do not belong in a tree.
I may think different when/ if I hit 80 or something.
Yes my friends have stands and I built houses to hunt out of for friends also.
Most of the time they are very comfy and they go to sleep.

Or they are angled wrong and kill your back and legs so you figit around.
That is why I like seat belt strap.. you can make comfy hammocks or webbed chairs that you do not fall out of.

BUT you need to know how to tie a knot.
I do not like clips or ratchets unless they are very heavy duty. I like good quality rope.
That is what my kids get me for Christmas... and chocolate of course.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an HSS harness when I hunt. I have the open harness and the vest style, it depends on the weather. I also use their safety rope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom