Tree Trimmer needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I tried a company that advertised "tree cleanup" I knew better. Ending tearing the weatherhead and electric box off the back of a rental I have. I was doing some myself but I had a total knee replacement last week and am not supposed to even leave the house. I have more trees to take care of at 2 rentals 23 & Meridian area OKC. I have a lot a lot of trees down at my house (NW Highway & Richland Rd area) I need somebody that knows how to cut a tree without killing it. A lot of them will be cut down completely. My regular tree guy is months out and I would like to get this done reasonably soon so city will haul off.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Bob

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I tried a company that advertised "tree cleanup" I knew better. Ending tearing the weatherhead and electric box off the back of a rental I have. I was doing some myself but I had a total knee replacement last week and am not supposed to even leave the house. I have more trees to take care of at 2 rentals 23 & Meridian area OKC. I have a lot a lot of trees down at my house (NW Highway & Richland Rd area) I need somebody that knows how to cut a tree without killing it. A lot of them will be cut down completely. My regular tree guy is months out and I would like to get this done reasonably soon so city will haul off.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Bob

Dennis Dismuke - 405-820-5420

Been a while since I used him, so I'm not sure he's still around, but if he is he does good work.

Tell him Jake sent you.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want Jose, he's running around my neighborhood charging widows $800 for topping and cutting some limbs on trees. I have one lone Oak tree in my front yard and he wanted to charge me $800.00 to cut some limbs. two Cottonwood trees in the alley behind my home? He quoted the neighbors $1800.00. Why go to medical school or college when you can make that kind of money without an education? That is more than some surgeons make on a routine surgery-insurance negotiated-of course.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not one to really be all super cautious when hiring labor, but, if you're hiring a tree guy, make sure they have insurance. Please for the love of all that is Holy, verify they carry liability insurance. Reputable cutters do, and they don't mind showing you. It helps weed out the riffraff.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not one to really be all super cautious when hiring labor, but, if you're hiring a tree guy, make sure they have insurance. Please for the love of all that is Holy, verify they carry liability insurance. Reputable cutters do, and they don't mind showing you. It helps weed out the riffraff.
. You are absolutely correct, there is some legality there. if they use your ladder or tools and get hurt, you are legally responsible from what I remember since your tools were used. There are other "rules" but I can't remember exactly what I read in the newspaper. Homeowners insurance may help in such instances.
What Are the Risks of Hiring Unlicensed Contractors ...

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. You are absolutely correct, there is some legality there. if they use your ladder or tools and get hurt, you are legally responsible from what I remember since your tools were used. There are other "rules" but I can't remember exactly what I read in the newspaper. Homeowners insurance may help in such instances.
What Are the Risks of Hiring Unlicensed Contractors ...

If they fall out of a tree on your property and break their neck, you're on the hook.

If they drop a tree on a power line or your house, or your neighbor's fence, you're on the hook. Anything that happens on your property, if they don't have insurance it's gonna be your responsibility to make everyone whole.

Falling trees and bodies can tear up a bunch of s***, real quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom