Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was at my place in early April I found one of my gates open. I thought I saw 4 wheeler tracks too, but since it had rained a few times, I wasn’t sure. There were no pictures of anyone on my camera at the closest feeder, but I decided to set up a camera on the gate just to see.:anyone:

Well, when I was up a couple weeks ago, the same gate was open, and this time I could definitely see tracks even though it had rained a few times. The cameras caught them red handed too.

It ended up being little kids without any supervision. It kind of scared me to think what kind of legal trouble I could’ve got into had they got hurt or fallen in the river and drowned.

I have a legal easement to get to this part of my property, and I’m friends with the guys that lease that place. I texted the pictures to the guy over the lease, and he was obviously pissed and going to turn the whole situation over to the land owner (who has already had trouble with the same trespassers). Hopefully, the crusty old land owner can put the fear of God into the kids and their parents so it doesn’t happen again. If it does, the sheriff and game warden will be getting involved.
7852249C-ABA4-45EB-8023-C2514BB80976.jpeg
4C2BC0C4-353C-4452-96CB-51F8716BB8DF.jpeg
398900E3-A0CE-4AF6-9122-0542F5BB9E60.jpeg
62AF73D6-2CE6-4FDF-A422-4C6667C316CB.jpeg
DE6F07F9-A885-4FEA-9821-45EEEC85BBD8.jpeg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had your problems.

Heck if all it was was a couple of kids riding around playing when I'm not there I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it if they would stay on the roads and keep the dang gate shut.

You should see what I deal with in Terrel Co. right now with the border the way it is. I have had multiple trucks at night with illegals and they are armed and don't stop to talk. Dangerous stuff.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had your problems.

Heck if all it was was a couple of kids riding around playing when I'm not there I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it if they would stay on the roads and keep the dang gate shut.

You should see what I deal with in Terrel Co. right now with the border the way it is. I have had multiple trucks at night with illegals and they are armed and don't stop to talk. Dangerous stuff.

If those kids had closed the gate, I would’ve been suspicious but probably wouldn’t have set up the gate camera, and I may have never caught them.

Are you saying you drive to south Texas to deer hunt?!?:scratch:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m really hoping the visit from the crotchety old man will suffice and no law enforcement is needed, but we’ll see...:anyone:
LEO can be asked to make a "friendly" visit to explain what the consequences could be was what I was thinking, not citations or anything like that.
Edit: I know when I get contacted by the GW about trespassers like the thread on here this winter, he asked me what I wanted to do so by that I assumed there are options.
In my case I told him to hang em high and let them swing in the wind. They were adults that knew better.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LEO can be asked to make a "friendly" visit to explain what the consequences could be was what I was thinking, not citations or anything like that.
Worked here in town. 2:30 am, dog next door barking his azzz off. This was the second night. The first night I called them @1 am and the dog quit until I fell asleep. The second night was a call to dispatch standing on my porch. Dispatcher could hardly understand what I was saying through the woof woof, but responded, "officer there in 15". LEO showed and asked if I wanted friendly or forceful. I told him a tap and talk would surfice for now. Worked like a charm.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: I know when I get contacted by the GW about trespassers like the thread on here this winter, he asked me what I wanted to do so by that I assumed there are options.
In my case I told him to hang em high and let them swing in the wind. They were adults that knew better.
I get it. These kids are repeat offenders on the place south of mine, so the owner of that place may get the law involved this time.:anyone:

Being an absentee owner, I really want to stay out of this kind of crap and let the locals fight it out among themselves. I think there may be some kind of family connection.:scratch:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom