Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really mind the drive from Clayton to Springer. I always see antelope along that stretch. Maybe I'm concentrating so hard looking for speed goats that it seems the time just flies. You do want to watch your speed along that road. I used to have relatives in Springer and thought I was gonna' get the chance at an antelope hunt around there, but it never materialized.

Can't recall ever seeing a LEO on that stretch. It seems like to me half the people on that stretch set the cruise on 90 and roll.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driven the full length of the panhandle many times going elk hunting, skiing, and RV’ing.
Usually leave Ponca at 2am which puts me in Guymon at daylight. The trip I hate is in New Mexico between Clayton and Springer. That has to be the most boring drive ever.

55 until you hit the mountains, then it speeds up. I don’t get it.

Logan, NM to Springer is far worse. Drove it once, never again.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't recall ever seeing a LEO on that stretch. It seems like to me half the people on that stretch set the cruise on 90 and roll.

Yeah, well, that's my luck. I ALWAYS see LEO on that stretch. I've been 'lucky' so far, but I've seen plenty who haven't been. I guess they don't want me to get lonely!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Headed back to Clayton from Springer and I saw a Union County sheriff deputy pulling out of a ranch as I was going 95mph. He never even turned his lights on to pull me over. that one was a close call.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed back to Clayton from Springer and I saw a Union County sheriff deputy pulling out of a ranch as I was going 95mph. He never even turned his lights on to pull me over. that one was a close call.
At least the tickets are cheap in nm, or at least were a few years ago. I missed the 65 to 45 sign, going down a mountain, and got a ticket from NM HP, it was 87 bucks.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
At least the tickets are cheap in nm, or at least were a few years ago. I missed the 65 to 45 sign, going down a mountain, and got a ticket from NM HP, it was 87 bucks.

Yeah, I got an $80 one a few years ago for going 65 in a 35 by Questa. He didn’t put my actual speed on the ticket. He was pretty cool with me once I told him I had a conceal carry and told him where my firearms were. Still gave me a ticket though and I can’t blame him. Questa needs all the money they can get. Haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom