Tri-city gun club rifle match results Oct. 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
>1st Shawn Sanderson
> 2nd Rusty Harris
> 3rd Micheal Chambers
> 4th Chris Anderson
> 5th Matt Rigsby
> 6th Matt Tower
> 7th Scott Hearn
> 8th Eric Jones
> 9th Tomas Tower
> 10th Ken Tompson
> 11th Dan Mattmiller
> 12th Larry Rigsby
> 13th Caleb Sanderson
> 14th Hershal Jones
> 15th Mitch Harrington
> 16th Ronny Robertson
> 17th Tony Smith
> 18th Darlene Wilbanks
> 19th James Jacobs

I got 5th. Not bad for only the 2nd time to do one of these.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do either of you happen to remember what shawn's time was on his run? He smoked it and I can't remember his time. I'm just curious...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was something like 17 seconds. He was acting like a proud poppa with that M-16 belching flame. I felt the concussion from it and I was about 25 yards behind the firing line.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do either of you happen to remember what shawn's time was on his run? He smoked it and I can't remember his time. I'm just curious...

Really hard to compare apples to apples on that one. By the time our crew shot there wasn't much left of those pins. I shot 30 rounds at 18 targets and dropped no more than a couple of shots. Some of those pins took 3 or 4 to knock over. Not to mention the timer not working with the can.

Still...shooting a bunch of close up targets with a suppressed SBR was a ton of fun!

I still can't believe Mitch had two major ammo failures from two different manufacturers with two different guns on the same target of the same stage. That's gotta be like 1/10,000. I'm just glad the Noveske's OKAY. :thumb:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really hard to compare apples to apples on that one. By the time our crew shot there wasn't much left of those pins. I shot 30 rounds at 18 targets and dropped no more than a couple of shots. Some of those pins took 3 or 4 to knock over. Not to mention the timer not working with the can.

Still...shooting a bunch of close up targets with a suppressed SBR was a ton of fun!

I still can't believe Mitch had two major ammo failures from two different manufacturers with two different guns on the same target of the same stage. That's gotta be like 1/10,000. I'm just glad the Noveske's OKAY. :thumb:

This and the fact that the timer wasn't being used properly makes any comparison impossible...

We beat the crap out of that rifle!!! Other than the extractor it is 100%... Next time someone is badmouthing those Badger Tac latches I've got a story for them. lol... I cannot believe nothing got broken. If someone were to tell me that I'd spend a sunday morning beating holes in the ground with that rifle I would've laughed in their face...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rusty and Mitch,

Don't feel too bad because I have ammo problems too. When I got finished shooting the round in the chamber didn't want to come out either. But it wasn't stuck too bad this time.

So I get home and clean the rifle reeeeeal good, scrubbing the heck out of the chamber and lugs, Kroiled the whole BCG, the works. I get all back together and grab a few rounds and stick them in the mag, and drop the bolt. Had to rinse and repeat what you guys were doing at the range.

WTF? :scratch:

I get the gun cleared and grab the Dillon case gage. Case is sized perfectly. :scratch:

So I check the other end of the gage.

Well I'll be......#*^$%*&#$^)!@#*&*$%^@#*^$!)&*^^%#@@!#@#$%$#&^ :explode: :pissed:

Bottom line is I have to case gage about 1000 rounds now that I loaded because they need trimmed! Damnit I know better than that! :hithead:

So an RCBS bullet pull die seems to be in my future. I know that a good portion of that brass was once fired and is OK, but I have to gage every stinking one of them to pull out the long ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom