Tried a new .357 load.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked the Alliant catalog I got in the mail a few days ago. It shows that herco is still available and recommends it for 12 gauge shotgun and “heavy handgun”. Looked through the data pages and It does not show any recipes for 357 mag with herco. Not that it will not work it just did not show any.
But there are a few listed for 44 mag and the larger magnum pistol calibers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see many recipes for herco in any of my reloading data books. Has it been stored in a climate controlled area and Second question how old do you think the can is?
The reason I ask is there is a common thought that powder has to be stored in a climate controlled area to last a long time. I have powder that has been in my garage for close to a decade and it still seems to shoot very well.
I used to load Herco in .44 mag until moving to H-110. Still have half a can on the shelf that’s been there for over 10 years. Might have to get it out and load a few to see if the powder is still good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom