Tried to help but my help was abused,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week a work friend asked if I knew where he could buy some 9mm ammo,,,
I replied how I hadn't seen any on the shelves locally,,,
And my go-to SGAMMO was completely out.

I did brag about how I was lucky,,,
I got a small windfall of cash a few months back,,,
Instead of spending it on another gun I stocked up on ammo.

My 9mm stash is sitting at just under 3,500 rounds,,,
Which is plenty for me as I plink mainly with my rimfire guns.

He asked if I would sell him 500 or 1,000 rounds,,,
He has two younger friends who just bought 9mm pistols,,,
They burned through what he had and now were completely ammo dry.

I didn't want to part with that much of my stash,,,
But I did remember that I had some Tula steel case I could part with.

I remember that they still had the price sticker of $12.49 on them,,,
So I said I would sell him 200 rounds for what I paid.

When I delivered the ammo to him next day I cautioned him,,,
Don't let those boys shoot all this up to quickly,,,
I won't be selling any more of my stash.

That was last Friday.

Today he comes up to me asking to buy another 200 rounds from me,,,
Apparently the two went through all of that ammo in 30 minutes.

I reminded him I had already said the store is closed,,,
I only sold him those 200 rounds so they would have something instead of nothing.

His, "C'mon man, you're hoarding when the rest of us have nothing."

"Sorry." I said,,,
"I told you this was all I would sell."

Then I got cursed out.

I've worked in the same building with this man for 12 years,,,
I considered him a friend but not anymore.

Sorry for the rant,,,
But it's either pound my keyboard or his face.

Aarond

94 days to my retirement.

I hate to hear that, especially after you helped him/them out the first time around.

I learned LONG ago to keep anything firearms or ammo related to a minimum, especially concerning what I have.

People ratting out each other for not wearing a mask during the "Politidemic" will pale in comparison when the Feds have "Rat your neighbor out" paid tip "Crime Stoppers" hotlines when the gun banning and confiscating starts.

Not to scare you, but if a SHTF scenario were to happen, I would bet dollars to doughnuts your "Friend" and his buddies would come to your house looking to liberate some of your ammo you told him about.

The fewer people know what, and how much you have, the safer your family is in the long run.

Good luck and be safe.

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to hear that, especially after you helped him/them out the first time around.

I learned LONG ago to keep anything firearms or ammo related to a minimum, especially concerning what I have.

People ratting out each other for not wearing a mask during the "Politidemic" will pale in comparison when the Feds have "Rat your neighbor out" paid tip "Crime Stoppers" hotlines when the gun banning and confiscating starts.

Not to scare you, but if a SHTF scenario were to happen, I would bet dollars to doughnuts your "Friend" and his buddies would come to your house looking to liberate some of your ammo you told him about.

The fewer people know what, and how much you have, the safer your family is in the long run.

Good luck and be safe.

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."

Yeppers to that in bold above. Like me, for instance, I don't have a lot of ammo, but I know of LOTS of guys on OSA that have plenty....

....you know what I'm saying, don't you?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things like this are why I have no friends. Truly. I have a BUNCH of acquaintances but only 2 real friends in this world -- and by friends I mean people I trust enough to share with. I used to be a lot friendlier but like you, got screwed over pretty regularly. Now I'm too old for that ****. My two friends and I will be fine if things go sideways. Anybody else might as well just keep walking cuz unless you have something I want, which is HIGHLY unlikely, your attempts to remind me what friends we are are gonna fall on deaf ears.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to find out now that he is really not a friend at all and it did not cost you.
I have a friend I have known over 30 years and I have done right by him many times.

He borrowed a riding mower for his yard. I told him keep it for the season and after that give it back to me.
He ended up giving it to his brother and returned it to me after his brother broke it.
It was $20 scrap after that.
I loaned him a reverse tine rotation rototiller that thing would dig deep and worked 100%.

Returned it after months to me and I told him to leave it in the front yard and I would put it in the back yard. He insisted he would put it in the back yard.
I went to use it a few days later and it was broke also.
I called him on that also.
He was tilling around big rocks I told him to move.
I bet he bound it up.

Lesson learned.
I wish it was only 9MM ammo for the price I paid.

But the busted stuff does not really bother me it is the way the so called friends treated you that is the issue.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to find out now that he is really not a friend at all and it did not cost you.
I have a friend I have known over 30 years and I have done right by him many times.

He borrowed a riding mower for his yard. I told him keep it for the season and after that give it back to me.
He ended up giving it to his brother and returned it to me after his brother broke it.
It was $20 scrap after that.
I loaned him a reverse tine rotation rototiller that thing would dig deep and worked 100%.

Returned it after months to me and I told him to leave it in the front yard and I would put it in the back yard. He insisted he would put it in the back yard.
I went to use it a few days later and it was broke also.
I called him on that also.
He was tilling around big rocks I told him to move.
I bet he bound it up.

Lesson learned.
I wish it was only 9MM ammo for the price I paid.

But the busted stuff does not really bother me it is the way the so called friends treated you that is the issue.

borrowed a good friends gas hedge trimmer once. He had it on his porch for a summer and the pull cord was rotten. One pull and it broke. Still my responsibility to return in on as good or better condition than I received it. I repair it with a new OEM part and learned to own my own tools or do without.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw him! I had someone that was a “friend” get really mad at me for not doing something that was totally unethical for him. Never talked to him since and I’m good with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom