Trijicon sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way I have a question for you steelfingers I see you do a lot of shooting what are your opinions on a vortex scope for a .300 win mag in Weatherby vanguard

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way I have a question for you steelfingers I see you do a lot of shooting what are your opinions on a vortex scope for a .300 win mag in Weatherby vanguard
I do a lot of shooting, but I've just got into the long range stuff. I would rather have people like Dennis, M&M and others with so much more on the learning curve offer suggestions on scopes.
That's where I get my suggestions and advice. The people here have helped me enormously in understanding what I need for what I shoot and what I want it to do.
Saved me a butt load of cash and time too.
My opinion on vortex is positive. Good glass and good quality. Have zero experience of a vortex on a 300 win but would not have issue with a vortex on anything if it meets what you want it to do.
Sorry for the non answer but I try not to overstep my knowledge (and that's a very small step....Ha)

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I shoot my 300WM with a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 with a 1" tube. Its Viper glass but in a 1" tube. Its a really good scope for hunting and just about anything else for just over $300. I also have a Vortex Viper HSLR in 4-16 with a 30mm tube and target elevation knob. It is a step above the HP and is the way to go for dialing elevation for longer distances. I will have another one for my 300WM whenever funds allow. And they have a lot of scopes better than those two. I also have several other Vortexes on other rifles. It just depends on what you want to do with it and what you want to spend. You cant go wrong with Vortex.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I shoot my 300WM with a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 with a 1" tube. Its Viper glass but in a 1" tube. Its a really good scope for hunting and just about anything else for just over $300. I also have a Vortex Viper HSLR in 4-16 with a 30mm tube and target elevation knob. It is a step above the HP and is the way to go for dialing elevation for longer distances. I will have another one for my 300WM whenever funds allow. And they have a lot of scopes better than those two. I also have several other Vortexes on other rifles. It just depends on what you want to do with it and what you want to spend. You cant go wrong with Vortex.
I omitted beastep and many others that have so much more experience with great optics. I'm still in the learning process that's been greatly advanced from their tutelage

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m just wanting it for hunting but would like to be able to shoot five or six hundred yards if I go elk hunting some time

Latest posts

Top Bottom