Trip down Memory Lane: Academy's best hits of 2018/2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I loved me some 2018 and 2019 Black Friday at Academy. S&W's were so cheap. So very very cheap. Like, as low as $150 after gift card cheap. Buy one get one free deals. And looks at that Monarch for 19.2cpr (steel case but whatever right?) So much goodness that's been missing. Here are some of my favorite memories:

BF04.PNG
BF03.PNG
BF02.PNG
BF01.PNG

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a 10/22 threaded 16 inch for $280 ish out the door Sunday at the Norman Academy with a 10% first responder discount. I didn’t think that was too bad. The cheapest one I can find on Gunbroker is $340 ish plus shipping and transfer.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a 10/22 threaded 16 inch for $280 ish out the door Sunday at the Norman Academy with a 10% first responder discount. I didn’t think that was too bad. The cheapest one I can find on Gunbroker is $340 ish plus shipping and transfer.
Wow, that is a great price. Congrats!!!:clap3:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not many of you remember when Academy was called Academy Surplus. In the 80's it was actually a surplus store , Army etc. Don't think there was one here at that time. I used to go to one in Austin back in '85-'86 when I was there building a TV station. Had new items but a lot of surplus. They gradually moved to new items and grew into what we have now.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let this serve as a reminder that the gun and ammo industry care nothing about you all other than our money. They leveraged our 2A fights and made money from it. More profits for them now more than ever before. Copper and brass didn’t go up near enough to justify these retail prices. They are all scumbags

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let this serve as a reminder that the gun and ammo industry care nothing about you all other than our money. They leveraged our 2A fights and made money from it. More profits for them now more than ever before. Copper and brass didn’t go up near enough to justify these retail prices. They are all scumbags
You thought that the companies were ever in it for anything but the profits? There's not a corporation on the planet I think cares about anything but our money.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You thought that the companies were ever in it for anything but the profits? There's not a corporation on the planet I think cares about anything but our money.
Free market, supply and demand is a dova sometimes.

I bought one of the sw victories back then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom