Trip to Sec. of State office today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the Sec. of State office today to renew my LLC. In years past, there has always been an OHP trooper sitting inside the room in uniform. This year was different. When I entered, there was a security officer in a brown uniform with gold trim. I didn't recognize the company or uniform as one I had seen before, but whatever. I fill out my papers and am waiting across the room up against the wall as I give the guy a glance over. That's when I saw it. A WTF moment.

First, let's back up. I worked armed security from 1999-2010 full time (primarily at the FAA center) and then part time after a primary career change until letting my license expire for good in 2018. I am fully aware of the spectrum of people that work security. But this isn't a 7-11. This contract is at a state office. The company should be sending it's more presentable and mentally stable people (valid concerns for those that know the business).

On his right side, he's wearing a full size Glock. It appears something in the 17/22/31 frame size. It's in a level 3 holster without a thumb break but with the push style and rotate forward type of retention. Taste specific, not my style, but popular choice. No problems here. He's got 2 pairs of cuffs on his back in the kidney area; looks good. A flashlight about 10 o'clock. This is a little forward for me as I was an 8 o'clock person, but okay. Then I had to do a double take. There is a full size Glock on his left side in a level 2 holster is a standard thumb break. WTF is going on here? All I can think is "You're wearing two full size duty pistols". Oh, but it gets better.

So I break a little smile as I remember some of my past coworkers. I glance down. Boots so scuffed it looks like he kicked gravel professionally at his last job. Pants issued from a corporate uniform closet that are probably 6 inches too long and heavily bunched up. Glance back up and there it is.... 1 o'clock.... just to the right of his buckle... what looks to be a cheap Uncle Mike's holster with a 3rd gun. It's something along the lines of a .22/25/32 cal in a $20 nylon universal holster. No, it's NOT a taser. It's a piece of **** throw-down. It's the type of gun you wipe down and tape to your ankle in a ziplock for your bad shoot. This guy is wearing 3 guns on his duty belt. Honestly, except for the 3 holsters, it was all Bianchi Accumold gear so it's not bad stuff and it all matched.

Anyone seen 3 guns on a duty belt before?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Sec. of State office today to renew my LLC. In years past, there has always been an OHP trooper sitting inside the room in uniform. This year was different. When I entered, there was a security officer in a brown uniform with gold trim. I didn't recognize the company or uniform as one I had seen before, but whatever. I fill out my papers and am waiting across the room up against the wall as I give the guy a glance over. That's when I saw it. A WTF moment.

First, let's back up. I worked armed security from 1999-2010 full time (primarily at the FAA center) and then part time after a primary career change until letting my license expire for good in 2018. I am fully aware of the spectrum of people that work security. But this isn't a 7-11. This contract is at a state office. The company should be sending it's more presentable and mentally stable people (valid concerns for those that know the business).

On his right side, he's wearing a full size Glock. It appears something in the 17/22/31 frame size. It's in a level 3 holster without a thumb break but with the push style and rotate forward type of retention. Taste specific, not my style, but popular choice. No problems here. He's got 2 pairs of cuffs on his back in the kidney area; looks good. A flashlight about 10 o'clock. This is a little forward for me as I was an 8 o'clock person, but okay. Then I had to do a double take. There is a full size Glock on his left side in a level 2 holster is a standard thumb break. WTF is going on here? All I can think is "You're wearing two full size duty pistols". Oh, but it gets better.

So I break a little smile as I remember some of my past coworkers. I glance down. Boots so scuffed it looks like he kicked gravel professionally at his last job. Pants issued from a corporate uniform closet that are probably 6 inches too long and heavily bunched up. Glance back up and there it is.... 1 o'clock.... just to the right of his buckle... what looks to be a cheap Uncle Mike's holster with a 3rd gun. It's something along the lines of a .22/25/32 cal in a $20 nylon universal holster. No, it's NOT a taser. It's a piece of **** throw-down. It's the type of gun you wipe down and tape to your ankle in a ziplock for your bad shoot. This guy is wearing 3 guns on his duty belt. Honestly, except for the 3 holsters, it was all Bianchi Accumold gear so it's not bad stuff and it all matched.

Wonder how many and what that you couldn't see as in ankle etc.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That guy was ready in case there’s another Jan 6 “insurrection” on the state house. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom