Trolling Motor Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Motorguide has a quick release mount for the xi5, but as I said in my first post it is about 50/50 on reviews. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/motorguide-quick-release-aluminum-bracket-for-xi-series-trolling-motors?cm_soc=fb&type=iP|BPO|AlwaysOn|DABA|AllCategory|FrameTest&fbclid=IwAR385VRMNNAyoHWsoNNfTGGCrfHYAz6LCtZrB5BioypaQIsA0tx5HtSxXcU

The so so reviews of the Motorguide quick release mount and my research is why I did not purchase it. I bought the one I linked in my first post. It has served me very well.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I added a handle to mine to make it easier to deploy and stow it. I forgot exactly what it is called but it is a Cannondale bicycle handlebar accessory. Clamps on and has worked great for me. I have been using it 3 or 4 years.
The pics are some I found online.
image.thumb.jpeg.0ba6092396b5c5dd0b17380e7057b337.jpeg.jpg
image.thumb.jpeg.b17c6f1e5b6e2a48e587e6e6bea5e7ec.jpeg.jpg
image.thumb.jpeg.90de3ebddb236fae286346d2ccc772f5.jpeg.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I FINALLY found the trolling motor I wanted for the new boat. It has taken months but found it and ordered it yesterday.
I bought the Minn Kota Terrova. 24 volt, 80 pounds of thrust, 60 inch shaft. It has Stoo Lock, Cruise control, GPS and the wiring for the Hummingbird already running through the shaft. Suppose to be delivered Friday. Fingers crossed.

I was in Honey Creek tackle Saturday up in Grove and the guy that worked there did some research and he couldn’t find one at all.
When I got back to the lake house, I looked on Amazon and “BAM” found 3.

I will update next week when I get it and get it installed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom