Trouble with next door neighbor. Need Advice!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have the problem with a drunk across the street. Beer cans in all the yards, loud parties on OU football weekends, fellas pissing off the front porch in broad daylight, folks parking in the middle of the street and walking to the curb -- just a real all around nice bunch of fellas ...

I just married a JBT and let him park the black and white in front of the house. Put a stop to that nonsense in short order.

My advice, call dispatch. Tell the dispatcher that you hate to bother them and explain what is going on. Tell her (or him) that you will GLADLY sign a complaint if an officer will come out and do a report. You'll only need to do that once.

Good luck.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have the problem with a drunk across the street. Beer cans in all the yards, loud parties on OU football weekends, fellas pissing off the front porch in broad daylight, folks parking in the middle of the street and walking to the curb -- just a real all around nice bunch of fellas ...

I just married a JBT and let him park the black and white in front of the house. Put a stop to that nonsense in short order.

My advice, call dispatch. Tell the dispatcher that you hate to bother them and explain what is going on. Tell her (or him) that you will GLADLY sign a complaint if an officer will come out and do a report. You'll only need to do that once.

Good luck.

Don't you think marrying a cop is a little extreme just to solve a neighbor problem?

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Good luck.

But wait until the party is really rocking and hopefully the little punk will get a little spunky with the LEOs. Braclet bruising really doesnt hurt that much, it's the body searchs before bookin that leaves a lasting impression.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the police and say underage drinking, mention kids stumbling into cars and driving away. The police will take it seriously if you mention drunk driving as that could end up killing someone else.

I don't think your threat was any real threat at all. All you threatened to do was come over next time. Not come over next time with a Red Jacket Saiga shotgun and tear the place up.

I do also think that if the kid has any kind of head on his shoulders that after you call the cops once or twice you should go over and talk to him again and mention like has been mentioned above that it doesn't have to be this way. Work out some kind of deal with him as it does neither one of you any good to keep causing problems for each other. Only party on weekends or try and have it toned down by 2 AM. And talk with him about it when not a lot of his buddies are around. Also, ask him to soundproof his house a bit, I cant remember exactly what we did when I was in college but we did attempt to prevent sound leakage and to be honest it worked very well.

I was in college and had neighbors that we were able to keep at bay by working out agreements to only party on friday and saturday and have the music pretty well turned down by 2-3am. Obviously there weren't "no rules" prior to 2AM, we still tried to be considerate.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went through or am currently going through similar issues with the fine upstanding youngster across the street. Likes to play the "thump-thump" music our of his truck (while it's parked in the driveway) to the point where I can feel it through the chair in my living room! Played nicey at first like you did but didn't work. (you can't fix stupid) Called police, signed my name to the $144.00 citation that he and his mother were served with and have a court date on 9/6. Amazingly, no more thump-thump! Couple of days later, dumb kid decides to cut muffler, cat and tailpipe from truck (which he leaves as evidence thrown beside driveway) while ensuring when he leaves, racks out the straight pipes. SOooooooo....again police get called and he gets another citation with my signature for another $144.00 noise complaint. Truck is now parked and I notice girlfriend picks him up and drops him off a little more. We'll see what happens on the 6th of next month.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have done nothing wrong so dont worry buddy. I say let him get comfortable a little bit, let him throw one of his crazy parties where you know things are going crazy over there and call the cops in.

If you are sure they are underage then mention underage drinking and possible driving under the influence like the others above mentioned. Make sure you get a police report bc the police will try and convince you that you dont need one sometimes but you need to insist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom