Trout are biting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20180127_174913.jpg

I thought I would take off work for a little while today, and made a run to the Illinois River and caught these two on the firsts two casts!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yes, one is 10" and the other is 12". You must trout fish too.

I limited out in less than 2 hours, and what I caught and threw back was the most fun I've had in a long time!

The mayflies were everywhere, so naturally that is what I tied on...

It was fun watching the mayflies land on the water, cause they never made it much 20 to feet before a trout came up and as sucked them under. The smaller trout would blow a foot or two out of the water after them, and the bigger ones would come maybe half their body length out of the water...

Most everytime I heard and saw a serious splash, I could cast there and catch that fish 9 out of 10 times...

I was also fishing barbless, so I lost a lot of thout right after they were netted. I would let the line go slack, they would spit the flie, then jump out of the net. My fault though, but it didn't really matter. I probably netted 40+ trout and hooked and fought around 60 total...

What a great day!!!

I want to take my wife tomorrow, but she said we have to go to the Tulsa Boat Show, so no fishing! :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom